Staff armed security posts and provide security for the personnel and property of, and visitors to, assigned US Government Property.
First shift schedule 5:45am-1:45 pm
- Provide physical security for the Radford Army Ammunition Plant, which might be susceptible to theft, fire, sabotage or unauthorized entry, responding as directed in the event of incidents affecting security integrity of facilities.
- Cover Captain Shifts on weekends, holidays, and additional shifts as assigned.
- Patrol/protect facilities by foot and/or vehicle to detect or prevent illegal/unauthorized activities.
- Provide security protection for all government property, classified material and personnel within assigned areas of responsibility to preclude unauthorized access, theft, or intentional destruction.
- Report/respond to unusual or emergency situations, using the appropriate degree of physical force and/or weaponry as the situation dictates.
- Be alert for potential security, property or safety concerns and initiate the appropriate actions.
- Control ingress/egress into and/or out of posted/controlled/security areas.
- Perform security duties as directed e.g., respond to situations that may require the use of physical and/or deadly force.
- Perform security tasks to include but not limited to the enforcement of all applicable rules and regulations concerning trespass or demonstrations, exclusion of prohibited articles and/or contraband.
- Prevent/report all violations of security and safety rules and regulations.
- Respond to protective alarm signals or other unusual/suspicious activities.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all security and guard orders, written and oral, pertaining to the assigned duties.
- Maintain proficiency with all assigned weapons by achieving the required qualifying scores in the designated courses of fire and the level of fitness required to safely pass annual qualification tests and carry out duties.
- Remain proficient in the care, maintenance, operation, disassembly, and assembly of all duty weapons as applicable.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- US Citizen
- 21 years of age
- Valid driver’s license
- High School Diploma
- Perform 19 pushup in 2 minutes, annually
- Run 1.5 miles in 17 minutes, 30 seconds, annually
- Pass range qualification semiannually
- Once hired, able to obtain and hold a DoD Secret Security Clearance
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Subject to high noise levels. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, often without breaks, and may be required to climb stairs or ladders and walk up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Heavy work: Exerting up to 200 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Must have visual and audio acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment, machines such as firearms and clearing barrels.
- May be subject to outdoor conditions including extreme temperatures and weather
- Subject to hazards including a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals
- May be required to be fitted for and/or wear a respirator
- Must meet all physical and psychological standards as required by the contract
- Travel may be required