Staff unarmed security posts and provide vehicle screening, inspection of passengers embarking on ferry vessels, waterborne patrol, surveillance, and traffic control to direct traffic onto the ferry vessels or staging areas for loading and unloading of vehicles and passengers for the TxDOT Galveston and Port Bolivar Ferry Operations.
Signing Bonus: $1,000
Hourly Rate $20.04/hr
- Protect personnel and property in a professional manner.
- Meet and deal tactfully and politely with general public and visitors
- Effectively and efficiently screen and process visitors
- Identify, report, delay or detain persons who violate rules and regulations
- Conduct internal and external roving foot patrols
- Complete all reports and paperwork as required
- Maintain mandated training requirements in accordance with company guidance.
- Maintain physical fitness and agility requirements.
- Ensure safety requirements compliance and safe work practices.
- Support safety programs Participate in Quality and Process Improvement programs.
- Operate and monitor all SOC telephone, texting, radio and intercom communication systems, as well as SOC Life Safety, Access Control and related sub-systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Possess either minimum of Three (3) years of experience within the last Five (5) years as an armed security guard, law enforcement officer, or member of any component of the United States Armed Forces; Or have a minimum of three years of actual experience within the past five years, excluding training, as an armed security guard and in on-site and off-site management of security guard personnel.
- Three years of knowledge and experience in law enforcement and/or security guard service procedures, including maritime procedures, and managing security personnel under MARSEC levels
- Be able to successfully complete or have completed the state of Texas approved security officer training courses
- Must possess or be willing to obtain the required state of Texas permits and directives to act as a non-commissioned officer
- A US Citizen with social security card and a valid state driver’s license
- Must possess a minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must meet all medical and physical standards as outlined in the contract
- Meet background screening and suitability requirements.
- Fluently read and write English
- Must be mentally alert and capable of exercising good judgment, implementing instructions, and assimilating necessary specialized training.
- Must have the ability to understand and carry out oral and written direction and write accurate and clear reports
- Be licensed as commissioned officers.
- Possess a valid TWIC card
- Have successfully completed the state of Texas approved armed security guard training courses.
- Possess the required state of Texas permits and directives to carry a weapon
- Possess a current First Aid/CPR/AED certification
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dental Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Work is typically at a busy port and subject to frequent interruptions with long periods of standing or walking. Extended hours to include nights, weekends and holidays may be required. Will be subject to outdoor conditions including extreme temperatures and weather. Subject to high noise levels including a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, exposure to high heat, extreme cold or exposure to chemicals.
Must be able to walk unassisted for a minimum of 500 yards up inclines and on uneven terraub, climb stairs and be able to lift and carry 20 pounds. Be able to stand continuously for up to two hours at a time and up to 12 hours in a 24-hour period.
Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, often without breaks. Must have visual and audio acuity to heavy equipment, machines such as fire equipment and apparatuses, firearms and clearing barrels. May be required to be fitted for and/or wear a respirator. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, often without breaks.
Must meet all physical and psychological standards as required by the contract.