The prevention of unlawful interference with regard to the aviation operations at the Movcon terminals under the jurisdiction of the UN operations in Somalia (UNSOS). The provision of security services based on the policy guidance contained in the Somali NCASP and Standards and Recommended Practices of ICAO Annex 17 and DOC 8973, and in compliance with the relevant UN air operations Policies.
To provide subject matter expertise, specific to task and deliver training and professional development for project staff in order to meet ICAO and SCAA regulations and directions. In addition, provide training and mentoring for UN, SCAA and any other non-commercial entities as directed by the client; Ensure that contractual compliance in accordance with identified KPIs is maintained and identify and exploit any and all commercial opportunities to the benefit of Olive Group.
- The post incumbent will be the Senior Manager of the project in Mogadishu, and may be required to any UN operated terminals as required.
- He / she will plan, deliver and maintain the continuing success of the contract. He /she will do this by following established business direction and additionally providing input into the Organisational structure to enable continued growth and new directions for the contract. He / she will provide a visible source of leadership, motivating and supporting the management team to deliver the customer promise. He / she will continuously review, monitor and improve ways in which we work to ensure the highest levels of service and business performance. Importantly he / she will be in continuous contact with your customers shaping their requirements to deliver business targets and service excellence.
To achieve these goals, the post holder will need to have senior management experience with a real focus on customer service and staff development. A solid knowledge of performance management tools and techniques is vital, along with the ability to forge relationships with peers and customers
- Including but not limited to the following, as directed by and/or in consultation with the Project Manager
- initiate the project – check feasibility and work out budgets, teams and resources
- select, lead and motivate the team from both internal and external stakeholder organizations
- identify and manage risks to ensure safety and compliance
- implement any necessary changes throughout the process
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Measure project performance, compliance with client requirements and applicable national and international legislation
- Report and escalate to senior management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize exposure
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of the project
- Delegate project tasks based on junior staff members’ individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
- Create and/or review and approve project related documents as required.
- To deliver as and when required Avsec courses, including but not limited to:
- Basic Avsec course
- General Security Awareness course
- Level 2&3 Avsec courses
- Relevant and current national or international qualification in Aviation Security management.
- Appropriate and current AVSEC instructor certification.
- Specialist subject matter qualifications
The post incumbent should also have had significant experience in the following areas for a period of time:
- Operational Avsec duties
- Management and responsibilities for airport staff
- Team operations within a busy airport environment
- Project management experience
- Managerial and Planning: The ability to effectively organise, plan and deliver services utilising best use of resources
- Team Skills: Maintain orientation towards integrity, continuous improvement, and flexibility.
- Communication / Client Focus: The ability to communicate, both formally and informally with the aid of reports with peers and outside agencies such as the Airport and external control authorities. Additionally, it is extremely important to demonstrate a thorough understanding of client needs
- Decision Making: Show ability to use information strategically
- Technical: Demonstrate relevant technical knowledge
- Education: Is educated to a high standard and must demonstrate the ability to transfer thoughts and ideas by means of written and spoken English to a high standard
- Business development: Grow the business while ensuring contractual compliance at all times
- Regulatory Aspects: Ensure that all processes are compliant with legislative and ICAO requirements
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- $450 per Day
- Rotation: 8 weeks on project and 4 weeks off.
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
Work is typically based in a busy airport environment and subject to frequent interruptions. The post is covered on a rotational basis.
May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 35 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching, and bending throughout the workday.