The prevention of unlawful interference with regard to the aviation operations at the Movcon terminals under the jurisdiction of the UN operations in Somalia (UNSOS). The provision of security services based on the policy guidance contained in the Somali NCASP, Standards, Recommended Practices of ICAO Annex 17, and DOC 8973, and in compliance with the relevant UN air operations Policies.
To provide subject matter expertise, specific to task and deliver training and professional development for project staff in order to meet ICAO and SCAA regulations and directions. In addition, provide training and mentoring for UN, SCAA and any other non-commercial entities as directed by the client; Ensure that contractual compliance in accordance with identified KPIs is maintained and identify and exploit any and all commercial opportunities to the benefit of Olive Group.
With extensive knowledge of AVSEC learning and development processes, methodologies and technologies, the Mentor/instructor delivers the provided training packages ensuring that company training standards and delivery not only meet but exceed where possible those standards expected by international regulatory bodies.
Assess and advise the implementation of relevant aspects of airport security programs, and ensure compliance with the relevant national and international regulations as well as the company policies and procedures.
- Mentor the key operational security staff in their daily operation, in close coordination with Olive group management and instructors;
- Mentor the operational Aviation Security (AVSEC) screeners and officers ensuring compliance with the local UN SOP and ICAO SARP’s as set in ICAO annex 17 and DOC. 8973.
- Identify and report any non-compliances to the aviation security procedures or facilities.
- Propose essential procedures as well as improvement to the existing security procedures;
- Maintain close, result-orientated working relationships with relevant local staff as well as other entities;
- Deliver GSO courses and other as tasked by the OG management.
- Undertake any other tasks assigned by the Olive Group management.
- Oversee the daily functioning of the checkpoint.
- Witness all safety and compliance checks being carried out on a daily basis.
- Confirm that all staffing levels are sufficient for the correct operation of the checkpoint.
- Provide assistance trouble-shooting any issues that may occur.
- Report instantly any breach of security, occurrence or incident that may be either a threat to the operation or a threat or challenge to company practices.
- Monitoring performance and standards to ensure compliance is achieved
- Monitoring and mentoring OJT officers
- Monitoring x-ray performance
- To deliver as and when required Avsec courses, including but not limited to:
- Basic Avsec course
- General Security Awareness course
- Level 2&3 Avsec courses
- Relevant and current national or international qualification in Aviation Security.
- Must possess a thorough working knowledge of Aviation Security and relevant processes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills which will facilitate effective communication in a culturally and politically sensitive environment;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an aviation x-ray screening position.
- The post incumbent should also have had significant experience in the following areas for a period of time:
- Operational Avsec duties
- Management and responsibilities for airport staff
- Team operations within a busy airport environment.
- Team Skills: Maintain orientation towards integrity, continuous improvement, and flexibility
- Communication / Client Focus: The ability to communicate, both formally and informally with the aid of reports with peers and outside agencies such as the Airport and external control authorities. Additionally, it is extremely important to demonstrate a thorough understanding of client needs
- Decision Making: Show ability to use information strategically
- Technical: Demonstrate relevant technical knowledge
- Education: Is educated to a high standard and must demonstrate the ability to transfer thoughts and ideas by means of written and spoken English to a high standard
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- $64 per day
- Rotation: 16 weeks on project and 4 weeks off
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
Work is typically based in a busy airport environment and subject to frequent interruptions. The post is covered on a rotational basis.
May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 35 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching, and bending throughout the workday.