POSITION: Field Technician – Investigations
Must be available to visit Washington, D.C. Police (MPD) stations on a regular basis
Current SSBI required
- Research and develop new sources of information for completion of case leads.
- Conduct Unit case leads accurately and efficiently.
- Prepare and facilitate the replenishment of petty cash and escrow accounts as well as payment of invoices and monthly credit card reconciliation by means of timely submission and retention receipts and documents
- Conduct various records checks and verifications at local employers, court houses, and police departments
- Conduct miscellaneous leads
- Analyze and resolve lead issues
- Prepare and facilitate payment for services (i.e. corporate credit card or money orders)
- Assist with administrative duties when necessary
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); one to two years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One year experience in an office, customer service, or sales environment, preferably with interaction with public.
- High language skills, including ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to customers or employees. An ability to establish and maintain telephonic rapport with various sources of information to complete assignments.
- Intermediate math skills, including ability to calculate figures and amounts. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Intermediate reasoning skills, including ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- High computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), database software, E-mail, Internet, and IRMA.
- Reliable personal vehicle, valid driver’s license, and satisfactory driving record.
- Must be U.S. citizen and currently possess an active SSBI Secret clearance
May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.