Constellis was established in 2010 by a group of operators and investors who sought to combine best-in-class brands, assets and people within the complex risk management industry. Today, the leading provider of risk management and operational support services worldwide, Constellis combines the legacy capabilities and experience of ACADEMI, AMK9, Triple Canopy, Olive Group, OMNIPLEX, Centerra, Edinburgh International, Strategic Social and all of their affiliates. From life support, procurement, operations and maintenance to high-threat protection, training, C4I systems integration and crisis response, Constellis helps its clients achieve and sustain success, no matter where they are in the world. Constellis operates in approximately 40 countries with regional offices in Africa, the Americas, Europe and the Middle East. Constellis is headquartered just outside of Washington, D.C. in Herndon, VA.
Full Time Captain: This position is under the direct supervision of the Project Manager for assigned duties of the Security Department and is responsible for the supervision of the Security Supervisors and the Protective Security Officers (PSO’s) in Minnesota. The Captain must be able to successfully interact with all Triple Canopy personnel, clients and all visitors.
Hourly Rate: $29.34-$32.09/hour
- Responsible for the day to day operations of the FPS-Colorado Contract.
- Assist the Project Manager with supervising the security operations.
- Responsible for providing direct oversight and supervision of subordinate supervisors and security officers.
- Assist in the development and implementation of efficient security schedules specifically designed to ensure all sites/posts are covered and operational by a trained security officer.
- Enforce company policies and procedures relating to security and ensures that all breaches of security and policy are properly reported.
- Ensure all requirements are enforced relative to the contract guard responsibilities, as stipulated in the Statement of Work.
- Prepare and conduct performance evaluations of security officers and subordinate supervisors.
- Ensure personnel are properly uniformed and present a neat and professional appearance as referenced in the PSO SMART Book.
- Ensure PSO’s are thoroughly knowledgeable of their duties and demonstrate the ability to act effectively during emergencies and other unusual situations.
- Inspect PSO’s to ensure they possess all necessary permits and credentials as required by the contract, state and local law.
- Ensure that all supervisors and PSO’s are knowledgeable of, and understand the post orders.
- Ensure overtime is kept to a minimum, foresees staffing needs and reports personnel issues to the Project Manager.
- Assist the Project Manager in the hiring process, to include the review of resumes and the interview process.
- Initiate all clearance packages for assigned personnel.
- Administrative duties to include, but not limited to: scheduling, writing memos, issuing commendations and/or disciplinary letters, reconciling daily hours worked, filling out training certificates/exhibits, maintaining inventories and completing monthly reports for the Project Manager.
- Perform other work related duties as may be assigned by the Project Manager.
- Frequent contact with the general public, law enforcement, and dispatch center, requiring the ability to speak clearly and distinctly and remain calm in stressful situations.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of alertness, with the ability to mentally and physically react quickly to a variety of unexpected and dangerous situations.
- Ability to use post security equipment (magnetometers, X-Rays, and CCTV); ability to use handcuffs, baton, a firearm at any time while on duty.
- Ability to read and understand post assignments, write reports, and respond to both routine and emergency dispatches.
- Ability to subdue violent or potentially disturbed individuals, or intervene in a crisis situation, provide First-Aid/CPR while waiting for the arrival of paramedics or other emergency personnel.
- Occasional running, sprinting, lifting heavy weight, moving heavy objects, climbing stairs, responding to emergencies, and ensuring timely and complete facility evacuations.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Three (3) years of experience in law enforcement, military or security in the last five years.
- A minimum of two (2) years of successful experience in field supervision (civilian community law enforcement, military service law enforcement or commercial/industrial security force service).
- Ability to pass a contract required medical and drug screen.
- Ability to obtain a clearance
- Attention to detail is critical with this position.
- Highly proficient with a computer to include Microsoft Office software.
- Must have a good working knowledge of security operations and safety practices in a business environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with staff and the public; to prepare, understand, and follow standard operating procedures; to perform duties in a professional manner; to write and investigate required reports; to make independent and good judgment decisions within proper policy and procedures and to maintain all contract required credentials.
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, work-life balance, and tailored career development programs that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Coverage Employee Assistance
- Program Performance Reviews & Advancement Opportunities
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
With operations across every major continent and an annual revenue of $1.7 billion dollars, Constellis provides a wide array of opportunities for individuals looking to build successful careers in a fast-paced, growing industry. Legal, moral and ethical business practices remain at the cornerstone of our culture and Constellis continues to be recognized for our emphasis on quality and compliance. This strong track-record of performance is supported by our deep relationships across key government agencies and blue chip commercial customers. With more than 21,000 personnel worldwide, the majority of whom are military or law enforcement veterans, we leverage our employees’ ambition and passion for creating a safer world. Our extensive operational expertise is augmented by our intimate knowledge of economies, communities and cultures. As a result, we share a willingness to support complex operations in some of the world’s most demanding places.
Position is primarily in office setting. Occasional travel is required.
Position requires sitting for long periods of time. Continuous computer use. Duties require using hands and wrist for typing and computer usage for long periods of time, lifting more than 10 pounds, bending twisting, and standing. Some activities that involve standing for long periods of time. Requires conducting site visits.