Candidates must have significant prior experience administering Federal Government and commercial Subcontract activities, utilizing all contract types. Must have strong organizational, analytical and negotiation skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The Contract Manager should manage subcontract negotiation and definition to ensure targeted objectives are achieved. The candidate should have proven ability to coordinate and manage collaborative efforts with all corporate business units and corporate departments in fulfillment of Subcontract management responsibilities on new and continuing programs. The applicant should have proven ability to advance the Subcontract Department’s involvement in business activities by participating as a business advocate through evaluation and real time implementation of solutions and business position to the internal and external customer. The candidate will plan and target the desired outcomes of each procurement and participate in a balanced business process while maintaining a strong program management/procurement focus.
- Perform cradle to grave Subcontract administration/management in a federal government contracting environment (i.e., proposal support, sourcing and soliciting potential vendors, contract award and administration to Subcontract closeout) consistent with FAR Part 44
- Able to take charge and assertively manage a growing department ensuring support of the mission, total compliance with all regulations and the ability to multi-task with all of these activities executing simultaneously
- Show experience with CPSR approval to include purchasing policies and procedures and required documentation consistent with the requirements of the policies and procedures with particular attention to required forms, certifications and proven ability to submit a compliant request for consent package to the Government
- Administer and maintain records for annual compliance certifications from supplier/vendors
- Continue current compliant Subcontract processes, procedures and documentation in accordance with CPSR requirements
- Participate as a key team member and provide support to proposal teams during the proposal development process including guidance and direction relevant to Subcontract requirements
- Ability to organize processes and workflow for effective, efficient, and compliant outcome
- Advanced FAR/DFARS Experience
- Conduct negotiations of terms and conditions to various agreements including Nondisclosure Agreement, Memorandum of Understanding Agreement, Teaming Agreement, Purchase Orders, Vendor/Master Services Agreements, Subcontract Agreements, modifications, and final closeout /releases
- Conduct cost proposal negotiations based upon the strategic objectives of the corporate organization
- Assist with problem resolution and provide strategic guidance to senior management as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Review all procurement actions for the team prior to award
- Manage and administer Constellis Subcontracts/Procurements as part of balancing team workload
- Attend bid reviews
- Manage vendor and subcontractor bids/proposals
- Approve and take responsibility for procurement actions up to manager’s authority
- Act as first level of escalation for managers on procurement issues
- Audit other teams’ procurement files as necessary as part of the internal self-monitoring program
- 7+ years of experience with Federal government contracts
- Significant experience with successful execution of CPSR requirements and government subcontract administration
- Experience with negotiating teaming agreements and non-disclosures required
- Knowledge of all facets of Subcontract administration and negotiation
- Ability to be detail oriented and a team player
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are Monday-Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required.
May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.