The Vaccine Applicator is part of the Constellis Mobile Response Team helping to deliver COVID vaccinations. The Vaccine Applicator will administer COVID-19 vaccines to patients at mobile and static vaccination sites.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Prepares station for vaccinating process
- Assists in preparing the vaccine for administration
- May educate patients about COVID-19 vaccination
- Validates patient ID and health history tracking for each vaccine dose
- Administers COVID-19 vaccinations and provides patient care as needed, under the supervision of the Vaccination Operations Manager
- Monitors patients who receive COVID-19 vaccination for adverse events as needed
- Maintains clinical standards and all infectious disease practices according to protocols
- Follows current guidelines, regulations, requirements and best practices on COVID-19 vaccinations and mitigation practices
- Follows cold chain requirements and ensures no waste of vaccine
- Licensed/registered healthcare professional (Physician’s Assistant, Nurse Practitioner, Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, Medical Assistant, Paramdeic) with active immunization certification through an accredited organization in one or more states in the contiguous United States
- 2 years medical or healthcare experience
- Understand the current CDC Guidelines on vaccine administration/management and each manufacturer’s instructions specific to their COVID-19 vaccines
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Proficient computer skills required to perform duties
Physical Demands and Environment
- Work is typically based in an office environment and subject to frequent interruptions.
- May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 50 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.