The Vaccine Applicator is part of the Constellis Response Team helping to deliver COVID vaccinations in Alabama. The Vaccine Applicator will administer COVID-19 vaccines to patients at static vaccination sites.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Prepares station for vaccinating process
- Assists in preparing the vaccine for administration
- May educate patients about COVID-19 vaccination
- Validates patient ID and health history tracking for each vaccine dose
- Administers COVID-19 vaccinations and provides patient care as needed, under the supervision of the Vaccination Operations Manager
- Monitors patients who receive COVID-19 vaccination for adverse events as needed
- Maintains clinical standards and all infectious disease practices according to protocols
- Follows current guidelines, regulations, requirements and best practices on COVID-19 vaccinations and mitigation practices
- Follows cold chain requirements and ensures no waste of vaccine
- Registered Nurse
- Understand the current CDC Guidelines on vaccine administration/management and each manufacturer’s instructions specific to their COVID-19 vaccines
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Proficient computer skills required to perform duties
Physical Demands and Environment
- Work is typically based in an office environment and subject to frequent interruptions.
- May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 50 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.