This position is responsible for the screening, triaging, and administering COVID-19 & Flu vaccinations, and providing first aid and/or emergency medical treatment, as required, to personnel receiving COVID-19 Vaccination shot. The position will also collect and enter patient data into the provided information system in an accurate and expeditious manner. They will also be responsible for maintaining and tracking electronic records and logs.
- Prepares station for vaccinating process
- Assists in preparing the vaccine for administration
- May educate patients about COVID-19 vaccination
- Validates patient ID and health history tracking for each vaccine dose
- Administers COVID-19 vaccinations and provides patient care as needed, under the supervision of the Vaccination Operations Manager
- Monitors patients who receive COVID-19 vaccination for adverse events as needed
- Maintains clinical standards and all infectious disease practices according to protocols
- Follows current guidelines, regulations, requirements and best practices on COVID-19 vaccinations and mitigation practices
- Follows cold chain requirements and ensures no waste of vaccine
- Displays an exemplary, safe, professional demeanor at all times.
- Practices absolute professionalism, integrity, confidentiality, and competency with patients, their families, the public, other agencies and coworkers.
- Must complete online training including updated CDC guidelines and Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Pay Rate: $30.59 per hour
- Understand the current CDC Guidelines on vaccine administration/management and each manufacturer’s instructions specific to their COVID-19 vaccines.
- Complete CDC Training at time of hire.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be a U.S. or Naturalized Citizen.
- Current Basic / Advanced EMT certification required.
- Must be a member in good standing with local County Rescue or EMS Agency.
- Knowledge of medical protocols, policies, and procedures required.
- Maintains and provides proof of currency of required EMTP certification, and other applicable licenses.
- Attends continuing education and refresher training programs as required by employers, medical control, licensing or certifying agencies.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to speak Spanish, Portuguese, or French helpful, but not required.
- Must be able to past CBP Tier 4 background check.
- Seven days a week are available at 8-10 hour days, but you will be required to work at least 5 of the 7 days
- Some weekend and holidays will be required to work.
- Work is located inside of a facility, with some outdoor work required.
• Work is is based out of San Diego, CA.
• Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.
• Will be required to work with needles, vaccines, and other medical equipment.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.