NORTHERN NEW MEXICO INTEGRATED SECURITY, LLC (N2MIS)
Northern New Mexico Integrated Security, located in beautiful northern New Mexico, provides a professional, highly trained protective force that safely secures special nuclear material, people and other critical assets for the Department of Energy, National Nuclear Security Administration and the Los Alamos National Laboratory.
The director position is responsible for providing effective Environmental, Safety and Health (ES&H) leadership for the Company. The primary objective is to effectively implement the strategic processes of loss control through successful integration into day-to-day activities and institutionalize management systems making safety a company operating norm and a strategic part of the culture. This management position directs and leads all day-to-day operations and activities of the ES&H Division, which includes Environmental, Safety and Health; Performance Testing; Range Operations and Safety; and the Physical Fitness Program. This position is responsible for ensuring N2MIS procedures comply with LANL, Federal, and state regulations.
$170,000 – $175,000 annual; Exempt, Full-time
Required Education and Experience:
- S. Citizenship required.
- Work is performed onsite. Position is not remote.
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety, Health or related field.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in Safety Engineering, Security, or other related field, nuclear safety/security and small arms or other directly related experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of supervisory experience.
- Currently have, or be able to obtain and maintain, a Department of Energy (DOE) Q level security clearance.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid New Mexico driver’s license.
- Knowledgeable in Federal and State Laws and Regulations which pertain to environment, safety and health, safeguards and security, personnel management, budgeting and training.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations.
- Proficient in business strategic planning methods.
- Must have knowledge in supervisory and managerial principles and techniques to include leadership, coaching and employee development.
- Knowledge of critical aspects of protecting and transporting multiple forms of Special Nuclear Material.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to convey information, draft correspondence, proofread text and prepare reports professionally and tactfully.
- Ability to manage a multi-faceted department with diverse customer needs.
- Ability to motivate, manage change, apply decisive and appropriate judgment under normal and emergency operations.
- Must have and apply statistical and analytical skills.
- Must be able to promote teamwork.
- Must be able to work with all levels of management and diverse ethnic groups.
- Ability to handle classified materials as prescribed by DOE and LANL policy and procedure.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks including assignment of proper prioritization and while maintaining strict attention to detail and accuracy.
- Exercise initiative and work under pressure.
- Must have the ability to recognize and formulate solutions to training and performance deficiencies, and complex operational and physical security-related problems and to effectively team in developing and implementing a strategic plan.
- Must have advanced technical and narrative writing skills.
- Must possess interpersonal skills.
- Must have time, task, office and project management and problem-solving skills.
- Must possess intermediate-level computer skills to include proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite of software.
- Must have supervisory skills to include planning, organizing, hiring, promoting scheduling, coaching, team building, developing subordinates, conflict resolution, directing activities of employees, administering personnel actions (i.e., discipline, performance appraisals and salary administration, etc.).
- Must be skilled in creative problem solving, interpersonal communications, conflict resolution, interviewing skills, organizing, scheduling, and providing direction to staff.
Desired Education and Experience (Considered a Plus):
- Knowledgeable in Department of Energy (DOE) Orders, manuals, guides, and standards, Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) and N2MIS policies, procedures, and orders which pertain to environment, safety and health, safeguards and security, personnel management, budgeting and training.
- Knowledge of special operations and tactics, adversary tactics, the DOE vulnerability analysis processes and tools, physical security, and alarm/sensor systems.
- Knowledge of Protective Force and firearms safety operations and procedures.
- Knowledge of the prevailing Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) as it applies to operational personnel.
- Professional certifications in a related field.
- DOE, Department of Defense (DOD), law enforcement, fire department or other government agency ES&H program experience.
HOW TO APPLY
External Applicants: Apply at https://www.constellis.com/careers and Search by Job Title: Environmental, Safety and Health Director.
Internal Applicants: Submit a resume and cover letter clearly describing how your experience meets the “Required Education and Experience” and the “Desired Education and Experience” requirements. Internal applicants are not required to submit a new employment application. Email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] by 5:00 pm on Monday, May 22, 2023. Please contact our Recruiter, Destinee Martinez, at [email protected] or 505-667-4686 if you have questions.
Position Closes: May 22, 2023
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Vacation, Sick Leave & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance provided by N2MIS
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Supplemental Life, Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital and Legal Insurance available
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Center Access
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Work is performed in an office setting. Position requires exerting up to ten (10) pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves extended periods of sitting while engaged with a computer terminal or phone. Must have close visual and audio acuity to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; determining the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of work.
Northern New Mexico Integrated Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.