In an ever-changing and complex world, security concerns are paramount. Enhanced security requires education, training and specialized skills. Constellis provides end-to-end risk management and comprehensive security solutions to safeguard people and infrastructure globally. Our team of strategic problem solvers has a steadfast moral compass and unwavering dedication to creating a safer world. Constellis is committed to the success of our customers and partners.
The Facility Security Officer administers and manages security processes and procedures in the support of division or facility clearance and personnel security clearances. Advises on policy, security training, and facility inspection. Responsible for interface with government agencies as appropriate regarding security processes, audits, etc.
- Primary point of contact with facility clearance regulator, DCSA, regarding all aspects of security clearance program
- Primary point of contact with internal business units regarding any personnel security clearance issues
- Maintains a working relationship with each customer’s security office for processing and maintaining employee clearances
- Assists in proposal and bid writing as requested
- Under guidance of Chief and Deputy Chief of Security, develops and maintains comprehensive security Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) outlining security policies and guidance
- Performs and documents semi-annual security self-inspections and prepares for and is responsible for ensuring that facility/division has successful inspections/audits with DCSA and other regulators
- Assist in the identification, reporting, investigation (if applicable) and documenting security incidents/adverse information in accordance with applicable policies and directives
- May be responsible for administering foreign travel policy as it relates to security/compliance procedures
- Responsible for cleared and uncleared security training and provides in-person training to personnel being deployed
- Administers effective security program for the protection of sensitive but unclassified information
- Supports the company in the day-to-day physical security of building
- Conducts security related liaison activities with internal leadership, clients, government security officials, and others including contractors, HR, IT, and Export Compliance
- Reviews all security paperwork for accuracy, completion, and submission via the e-Quip system
- Provides guidance and instruction to employees to ensure completion of security paperwork.
- Directs and coordinates activities of staff in developing, revising or updating security measures due to new or revised Federal, State, and local regulations and/or company guidelines
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain TS clearance
- Four years of experience in processing security clearances required
- Certification of DSS FSO desired
- In depth knowledge of the National Industrial Security Program (NISP) and experience with DCSA required
- Working knowledge of present day security issues, DOD security regulations and Executive Orders required
- Direct experience with managing security specialist staff and working in an accredited SCIF preferred
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with DISS, NISS and EQIP required
- Effective oral and written communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time and multiple priorities to completion
- Problem solving skills with an analytical thought process
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
Constellis protects critical priorities safely and efficiently around the world. Operating globally and based in the Washington D.C. area, our employees bring unparalleled dedication and passion for creating a safer world and upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity. As a leading global provider of risk management, security, humanitarian, training and operational support services to government and commercial customers worldwide, Constellis’ forward thinking solutions include a range of synergistic services, including background investigations, social intelligence tools, advanced training, logistics and life support, UAV and K9 services, and crisis response mitigation. At Constellis, our number one priority is to secure success for our customers. For more information, visit www.constellis.com
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are Monday-Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required.
May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.
Constellis and its affiliated companies are equal opportunity employers. All applicants receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state, or local law.