Constellis was established in 2010 by a group of operators and investors who sought to combine best-in-class brands, assets and people within the complex risk management industry. Today, the leading provider of risk management and operational support services worldwide, Constellis combines the legacy capabilities and experience of ACADEMI, AMK9, Triple Canopy, Olive Group, OMNIPLEX, Centerra, Edinburgh International, Strategic Social and all of their affiliates. From life support, procurement, operations and maintenance to high-threat protection, training, C4I systems integration and crisis response, Constellis helps its clients achieve and sustain success, no matter where they are in the world. Constellis operates in approximately 40 countries with regional offices in Africa, the Americas, Europe and the Middle East. Constellis is headquartered just outside of Washington, D.C. in Reston, VA.
Constellis is seeking a Full Time Fire Captain/Shift Supervisor at the Holston Army Ammunition Plant.
Under the direction of the shift officer, firefighters/driver operators perform structural and ARFF firefighting related functions as well as other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties as set forth in the job description for Shift Captain.
- Respond to emergency and non-emergency request for service.
- Perform required training and maintain required state and local certifications/licenses.
- Document information on prescribed forms and submit reports in accordance with company policy.
- Operate an emergency vehicle in accordance with state laws and company policy.
- Perform required vehicle, equipment and station inspections and maintenance, pre-fire planning, public education and other collateral duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate the attitude of a professional to include maintaining professional appearance and courteous, ethical behavior.
- Participate in professional education and fitness training
- Work as in integral team player interacting positively with other employees and contributing to regional and corporate goals.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must pass background investigation and pre-employment drug screening.
- 10 years of experience in the fire service.
- 5 years of firefighting experience involving the manufacturing of energetic — explosive materials.
- 2 years of experience in a supervisory or management type position.
- ISO Required Certifications: IS-100, 200, 300, 400, 700, 800
- Firefighter 1 and 2 with hazardous materials operations certification. (Pro-Board or IFSAC Certified)
- Fire Instructor 1 (Pro-Board or IFSAC Certified)
- Fire Officer 1 (Pro-Board or IFSAC Certified)
- Fire Inspector 1 (Pro-Board or IFSAC Certified)
- Confined Space Rescue (Certified to Compliance)
- Emergency Medical Responder (National Registry or Tennessee State Medical License)
- Must have a working knowledge of sprinkler and fire alarm systems. (Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance)
- Must have a working knowledge of code enforcement procedures. (NFPA, IBC, and UFC codes)
- Must have a general knowledge of reading and understanding blueprints.
- Must have the ability to compose detailed and concise reports for incidents and actions during both emergency and non-emergency events in both written and verbal formats.
- Other requirements after job placement
- Must obtain Fire Officer 2 within 1 year of job placement.
- Must obtain Hazardous Materials Incident Command Certification within 1 year of job placement.
- Must obtain Fire Instructor 2 and Fire Inspector 2 within 2 years of job placement.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills.
- Must be flexible/adaptable to constantly changing environment.
- Ability to make verbal and written presentations related to site procedures and post orders.
- Intermediate to advanced level keyboard and computer skills.
- Ability to coordinate multiple assignments, actions, and direct others to locations and tasks.
- Ability to use sound judgment in stressful situations and capable of staying alert during period of inactivity.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- May be required to lift and carry awkard items weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Ascending or descending stairs using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
- Bending body downward and forward.
- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching, and bending throughout the workday.
- Heavy work: Exerting up to 200 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Must have visual and audio acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment, machines such as fire equipment and apparatuses, firearms and clearing barrels.
- May be subject to outdoor conditions including extreme temperatures and weather.
- Subject to high noise levels.
- Subject to hazards including a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- May be required to be fitted for and/or wear a respirator
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, often without breaks, and may be required to climb stairs or ladders and walk up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Must meet all physical and psychological standards as required by the contract.
- Travel may be required.
With operations across every major continent and an annual revenue of $1.7 billion dollars, Constellis provides a wide array of opportunities for individuals looking to build successful careers in a fast-paced, growing industry. Legal, moral and ethical business practices remain at the cornerstone of our culture and Constellis continues to be recognized for our emphasis on quality and compliance. This strong track-record of performance is supported by our deep relationships across key government agencies and blue chip commercial customers. With more than 21,000 personnel worldwide, the majority of whom are military or law enforcement veterans, we leverage our employees’ ambition and passion for creating a safer world. Our extensive operational expertise is augmented by our intimate knowledge of economies, communities and cultures. As a result, we share a willingness to support complex operations in some of the world’s most demanding places.