Full-time and Part-time positions
- Respond to any Fire, EMS, or Hazmat incident on the plant
- Check and maintain all emergency vehicles and rescue tools
- Test and inspect fire hose and hydrants
- Conduct extinguisher checks
- Maintain the cleanliness of the fire station and its grounds
- Conduct standbys for tenants
- Conduct building inspections
- Inspect and maintain SCBAs
- Respond to protective building alarms or other calls for assistance.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the shift Lieutenant or Captain.
- Available to respond back to off duty incidents if called upon
- US Citizen
- Must be at least 18 years old to apply
- No criminal record.
- GED or High School Diploma
- Valid drivers’ license
- Ability to pass a background check and pre-employment drug screening
- Must be certified as an NFPA 1001, Firefighter II (VDFP, Pro Board or IFSAC)
- Must be certified at NFPA 472-13, Haz-Mat — Operations Level (VDFP, Pro Board or IFSAC)
- Certified as an Emergency Medical Technician-Basic (National Registry or Commonwealth of Va.) or currently enrolled in an EMT Class (preference will be given to applicants with current EMT certification). Any applicant currently enrolled in class, will be required to complete the class on their own time
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Ability to work during inclement weather
- Subject to high noise levels
- Subject to hazards including a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals
- Heavy work: Exerting up to 200 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Must have visual and audio acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment, machines such as fire equipment and apparatuses.
- May be subject to outdoor conditions including extreme temperatures and weather
- May be required to be fitted for and/or wear a respirator
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, often without breaks, and may be required to climb stairs or ladders and walk-up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Must meet all physical and psychological standards as required by the contract