Constellis was established in 2010 by a group of operators and investors who sought to combine best-in-class brands, assets and people within the complex risk management industry. Today, the leading provider of risk management and operational support services worldwide, Constellis combines the legacy capabilities and experience of ACADEMI, AMK9, Triple Canopy, Olive Group, OMNIPLEX, Centerra, Edinburgh International, Strategic Social and all of their affiliates. From life support, procurement, operations and maintenance to high-threat protection, training, C4I systems integration and crisis response, Constellis helps its clients achieve and sustain success, no matter where they are in the world. Constellis operates in approximately 40 countries with regional offices in Africa, the Americas, Europe and the Middle East. Constellis is headquartered just outside of Washington, D.C. in Reston, VA.
Full Time Firefighter/EMT
- Respond to any Fire, EMS or Hazmat incident on the plant
- Check and maintain all emergency vehicles and rescue tools
- Test and inspect fire hose and hydrants
- Conduct extinguisher checks
- Maintain the cleanliness of the fire station and its grounds
- Conduct standbys for tenants
- Conduct building inspections
- Inspect and maintain SCBAs
- Respond to protective building alarms or other calls for assistance.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the shift Lieutenant or Captain.
- Available to respond back to off duty incidents if called upon
- US Citizen
- Must be at least 18 years old to apply
- No criminal record.
- GED or High School Diploma
- Valid drivers’ license
- Ability to pass a background check and pre-employment drug screening
- Must be certified as an NFPA 1001, Firefighter II (VDFP, Pro Board or IFSAC)
- Must be certified at NFPA 472-13, Haz-Mat — Operations Level (VDFP, Pro Board or IFSAC)
- Certified as an Emergency Medical Technician-Basic (National Registry or Commonwealth of Va.) or currently enrolled in an EMT Class (preference will be given to applicants with current EMT certification). Any applicant currently enrolled in class, will be required to complete the class on their own time
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to work during inclement weather.
- Heavy work: Exerting up to 200 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Must have visual and audio acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment, machines such as fire equipment and apparatuses.
- May be subject to outdoor conditions including extreme temperatures and weather
- Subject to high noise levels
- Subject to hazards including a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals
- May be required to be fitted for and/or wear a respirator
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, often without breaks, and may be required to climb stairs or ladders and walk up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Must meet all physical and psychological standards as required by the contract
- Travel may be required
With operations across every major continent and an annual revenue of $1.7 billion dollars, Constellis provides a wide array of opportunities for individuals looking to build successful careers in a fast-paced, growing industry. Legal, moral and ethical business practices remain at the cornerstone of our culture and Constellis continues to be recognized for our emphasis on quality and compliance. This strong track-record of performance is supported by our deep relationships across key government agencies and blue chip commercial customers. With more than 21,000 personnel worldwide, the majority of whom are military or law enforcement veterans, we leverage our employees’ ambition and passion for creating a safer world. Our extensive operational expertise is augmented by our intimate knowledge of economies, communities and cultures. As a result, we share a willingness to support complex operations in some of the world’s most demanding places.