Centerra Group, LLC is a world leader in providing high-end armed and unarmed security personnel, paramilitary protective forces, law enforcement officers, fire-rescue services, aviation operations and support, base operations and facility management, entry level and advanced training, and cleared personnel to government and selected commercial customers. For over 50 years, Centerra has been a leader in workforce development and training.
Centerra is seeking a Full Time Firefighter / FEO at the Alexandria International Airport / England Airpark in Alexandria, Louisiana location.
Position is Non-Exempt and requires employee to work regularly scheduled overtime with the ability to respond to emergency call back as required.
The fire department provides emergency and non-emergency services including but not limited to ARFF, Structural, EMS (non-transporting), Hazardous Material Response, Inspections, and Fire Prevention Programs for employees, tenants, residents, and visitors of the Airpark.
Centerra is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. EOE / Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Starting pay rate is $12.19 per hour working a 48 hours on duty, 96 hours off duty schedule.
- Under the supervision of the shift officer, will assist in the direction of and participate in all assigned activities at England Airpark and its facilities.
- Perform all duties as set forth in the job description for Firefighter Fire Equipment Operator.
- Respond to emergency and non-emergency requests for service.
- Preform required training and maintain required state and local certifications/licenses medical training.
- Document information on prescribed forms and submit reports in accordance with company policy.
- Operate emergency vehicles in accordance with state laws and company policies.
- Perform required vehicle, equipment, and station inspections, inspections, maintenance, pre-fire planning, public education, and other collateral duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate the attitude of a professional to include maintaining professional appearance and courteous, ethical behavior.
- Participate in professional education and fitness training
- Work as an integral team player interacting positively with other employees and contributing to regional and corporate goals.
- Assist with the general security and safety of the Airport/Airpark.
- Adhere to and maintain a working knowledge of the policies & procedures of, and Constellis, Centerra, England Airpark, FAA, PIAL, BEMS, and the NFPA.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned by the fire chief, assistant fire chief, and/or shift officer.
- 21 years of age or older
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must possess a GED or High School Diploma
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver license and driving history acceptable to the customer
- Complete and maintain an extensive criminal/background check acceptable to the Company, FAA and customer
- Must obtain NIMS 100, 200, 700, and 800 within six (6) months of hire
- Must obtain AHA CPR (Professional Rescuer Level) within two (2) months of hire and maintain certification throughout employment.
- Must have IFSAC Hazardous Materials Awareness, Hazardous Materials Operations, and Firefighter I at time of hire
- Must obtain IFSAC Firefighter II certification within six (6) months of hire (maximum of two attempts at written exam)
- Must obtain LABEMS Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) or higher certification within six (6) months of appointment and maintain certification throughout employment.
- Must satisfactory complete the AEX FAA ARFF Firefighter (40 hour) and Safety Area Movement (SAM) programs within ninety (90) days of hire.
- Must satisfactory complete the inhouse new driver program within ninety (90) days.
- Must satisfactory complete the New Employee Orientation Program (NEOP) prior to being assigned to a shift.
- Must obtain all required qualifications of Firefighter/Driver Operator and obtain licensing in all fire apparatus/emergency vehicles including engines, ARFF trucks, support vehicles, and trailers within eighteen (12) months of hire
- Operate a motor vehicle.
- Operate heavy equipment.
- Operate small equipment and power tools.
- Operate a computer keyboard.
- Operate office equipment.
- Climb ladders/stairs.
- Walk, crawl, sit, stand, stoop, bend, squat, push, pull, jump, and run.
- See, hear, talk, and write.
- Have physical dexterity and agility.
- Eye-hand coordination.
- Operate two-way radios.
- Operate machinery.
- Ability to perform the above functions while wearing full firefighter PPE including SCBA and carrying additional equipment and/or other persons and/or operating from ladders, lifts, etc.
- Read and comprehend English as a primary language
- Comprehend, retain and follow oral and written instructions.
- Exercise good judgment.
- Set priorities.
- Effectively communicate.
- Make informative presentations.
- Continue technical and physical training.
- Control high stress situations.
- Provide instructions and training.
- Direct others
- Complete forms.
- Make decisions.
- Work Environment
- Work as a team.
- Regular extended continuous work schedules.
- Outside and inside work sites.
- Exposure to all type of weather and temperature conditions.
- Exposure to dust, dirt, mud.
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals and infectious substances.
- Exposure to moving machinery, nip points.
- Exposure to high stress situations.
- Exposure to life threatening situation.
- Work in bulky, heavy protective clothing.
- Multiple work sites.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. See the NFPA 1982 for additional content.
- ARFF Certification (IFSAC or Pro Board)
- Prior experience operating ARFF Class IV or larger apparatus
- Driver / Operator Certification (IFSAC or Pro Board)
- Current FAA approved live fire burn
- Prior Airfield Experience
- Prior Heavy Equipment Experience
- Working knowledge of CAD, Fire House Software, and Emergency Reporting Software
- Experience and knowledge of Microsoft programs including Excel and Word
Qualified candidates will be notified by email to continue in the selection process which may include:
- Written assessment
- Tactical assessment
- Board interview
- Fire Chief interview
The position will be open for a minimum of thirty (30) days from posting and remain open until filled. Applicants not selected will remain on file to potentially fill future openings.