Centerra is seeking a Full Time Firefighter / FEO at the Alexandria International Airport / England Airpark in Alexandria, Louisiana location.
Position is Non-Exempt and requires employee to work regularly scheduled overtime with the ability to respond to emergency call back as required. The fire department provides emergency and non-emergency services including but not limited to ARFF, Structural, EMS (non-transporting), Hazardous Material Response, Inspections, and Fire Prevention Programs for employees, tenants, residents, and visitors of the Airpark.
- Under the supervision of the shift officer, will assist in the direction of and participate in all assigned activities at England Airpark and its facilities.
- Perform all duties as set forth in the job description for Firefighter Fire Equipment Operator.
- Respond to emergency and non-emergency requests for service.
- Preform required training and maintain required state and local certifications/licenses medical training.
- Document information on prescribed forms and submit reports in accordance with company policy.
- Operate emergency vehicles in accordance with state laws and company policies.
- Perform required vehicle, equipment, and station inspections, inspections, maintenance, pre-fire planning, public education, and other collateral duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate the attitude of a professional to include maintaining professional appearance and courteous, ethical behavior.
- Participate in professional education and fitness training
- Work as an integral team player interacting positively with other employees and contributing to regional and corporate goals.
- Assist with the general security and safety of the Airport/Airpark.
- Adhere to and maintain a working knowledge of the policies & procedures of, and Constellis, Centerra, England Airpark, FAA, PIAL, BEMS, and the NFPA.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned by the fire chief, assistant fire chief, and/or shift officer.
- 21 years of age or older
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must possess a GED or High School Diploma
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver license and driving history acceptable to the customer
- Complete and maintain an extensive criminal/background check acceptable to the Company, FAA, and customer
- Must obtain NIMS 100, 200, 700, and 800 within six (6) months of hire
- Must obtain AHA CPR (Professional Rescuer Level) within two (2) months of hire and maintain certification throughout employment.
- Must have IFSAC Hazardous Materials Awareness, Hazardous Materials Operations, and Firefighter I at time of hire
- Must obtain IFSAC Firefighter II certification within six (6) months of hire (maximum of two attempts at written exam)
- Must obtain LABEMS Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) or higher certification within six (6) months of appointment and maintain certification throughout employment.
- Must satisfactory complete the AEX FAA ARFF Firefighter (40 hour) and Safety Area Movement (SAM) programs within ninety (90) days of hire.
- Must satisfactory complete the inhouse new driver program within ninety (90) days.
- Must satisfactory complete the New Employee Orientation Program (NEOP) prior to being assigned to a shift.
- Must obtain all required qualifications of Firefighter/Driver Operator and obtain licensing in all fire apparatus/emergency vehicles including engines, ARFF trucks, support vehicles, and trailers within eighteen (12) months of hire
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Exposure to all type of weather and temperature conditions
- Exposure to dust, dirt, mud
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals and infectious substances
- Exposure to moving machinery, nip points
- Exposure to high stress situations
- Exposure to life threatening situation
- Work in bulky, heavy protective clothing
- Multiple work sites
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Operate heavy equipment
- Operate small equipment and power tools
- Operate a computer keyboard
- Operate office equipment
- Climb ladders/stairs
- Walk, crawl, sit, stand, stoop, bend, squat, push, pull, jump, and run
- See, hear, talk, and write
- Have physical dexterity and agility
- Eye-hand coordination
- Operate two-way radios
- Operate machinery
- Ability to perform the above functions while wearing full firefighter PPE including SCBA and carrying additional equipment and/or other persons and/or operating from ladders, lifts, etc