We are seeking a Full Time Firefighter Recruit at the Alexandria International Airport / England Airpark in Alexandria, Louisiana location.
The fire department provides emergency and non-emergency services including but not limited to ARFF, Structural, EMS (non-transporting), Hazardous Material Response, Inspections, and Fire Prevention Programs for employees, tenants, residents, and visitors of the Airpark.
The candidate(s) selected will be REQUIRED to attend a Basic Fire Academy which can be inhouse, out of house (outside agency), full time, part time, or a combination.
Basic Fire Academy will include but not limited to physical fitness, hands on training in all-weather/conditions, and academic testing. Those not successfully completing all requirements of the individual academy may result in you offer of employment being terminated. If held off site, candidate will be required to supply their own transportation to and from the training location.
- Perform all duties as set forth in the job description for Driver/Operator, and Firefighter
- Respond to emergency and non-emergency requests for service
- Preform required training and maintain required state and local certifications/licenses medical training
- Document information on prescribed forms and submit reports in accordance with company policy
- Opera rate emergency vehicles in accordance with state laws and company policies
- Perform required vehicle, equipment, and station inspections, inspections, maintenance, pre-fire planning, public education, and other collateral duties as assigned
- Demonstrate the attitude of a professional to include maintaining professional appearance and courteous, ethical behavior
- Participate in professional education and fitness training
- Work as an integral team player interacting positively with other employees and contributing to regional and corporate goals
- Assist with the general security and safety of the Airport/Airpark
- Adhere to and maintain a working knowledge of the policies & procedures of, and Constellis, Centerra, England Airpark, FAA, PIAL, BEMS, and the NFPA
- Perform other duties as required or assigned by the fire chief and/or shift officer
- Must obtain NIMS 100, 200, 700, and 800 within six (6) months of hire
- Must obtain AHA CPR (Professional Rescuer Level) within two (2) months of hire and maintain certification throughout employment.
- Must obtain IFSAC Hazardous Materials Awareness, Hazardous Materials Operations, and Firefighter I certification within six (6) months of hire (maximum of two attempts at written exam)
- Must obtain IFSAC Firefighter II certification within six (6) months of hire (maximum of two attempts at written exam)
- Must obtain LABEMS Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) or higher certification within one (1) year of appointment and maintain certification throughout employment
- Must satisfactory complete the AEX FAA ARFF Firefighter and Safety Area Movement (SAM) programs within ninety (90) days of hire
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Operate heavy equipment
- Operate small equipment and power tools
- Operate a computer keyboard
- Operate office equipment
- Lift and carry up to 160 pounds
- Climb ladders/stairs
- Walk, crawl, sit, stand, stoop, bend, squat, push, pull, jump, and run
- See, hear, talk, and write
- Have physical dexterity and agility
- Eye-hand coordination.
- Operate two-way radios
- Operate machinery
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Exposure to all type of weather and temperature conditions. Exposure to dust, dirt, mud. Exposure to hazardous chemicals and infectious substances. Exposure to moving machinery, nip points.
Exposure to high stress situations. Exposure to life threatening situation. Work in bulky, heavy protective clothing. Multiple work sites.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. See the NFPA 1982 for additional content.
Ability to perform the above functions while wearing full firefighter PPE, SCBA, and carrying additional equipment and/or other persons and/or operating from ladders, lifts, ect.