In an ever-changing and complex world, security concerns are paramount. Enhanced security requires education, training and specialized skills. Constellis provides end-to-end risk management and comprehensive security solutions to safeguard people and infrastructure globally. Our team of strategic problem solvers has a steadfast moral compass and unwavering dedication to creating a safer world. Constellis is committed to the success of our customers and partners.
- Serve as subject matter expert in training by maintaining and applying comprehensive (mastery level) knowledge and competency in area(s) of occupational expertise.
- Provide individual fitness assessments and fitness program recommendations as requested by Federal Agents (FAs) and/or command leadership.
- Teach/conduct training presentations by reviewing course materials and lesson plans prior to instruction/presentation.
- Provide physical fitness instruction, general health, fitness and wellness counseling, and information as requested by individuals and/or command leadership.
- Serve as the Agent Operations Eastern Command (AOEC) lead for Law Enforcement Control Tactics.
- Ensure instructional presentations meet course objectives and training standards by maintaining a comprehensive level of knowledge, skills, and abilities requisite in the occupation or profession.
- Complete course/project administrative tasks by planning, organizing, and prioritizing work for accomplishment within expected timeframes.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by studying/reviewing all relevant laws, regulations, orders, and policies.
- Ensure that integrated safety and quality management principles are applied to all duties. Performs all activities and tasks in a safe and healthful manner.
- Testing students to measure progress and evaluate effectiveness of such training.
- Provide Physical Fitness Testing (PFT) support.
- Maintain fitness facilities by performing preventive maintenance, identifying needs for repair, and ensuring safe use of fitness equipment.
- Provide fitness training to FAs, FA applicants and other Office of Secure Transportation (OST) personnel as requested.
- Maintain Automated External Defibrillators (AED).
- Remain flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism.
- HS graduate required; Bachelor’s preferred.
- Must have a minimum mastery of three (3) of the below listed skills:
- 3+ years minimum experience in Personal Fitness Training.
- 3+ years in Sport coaching at the collegiate level or higher.
- 3+ years prior military or law enforcement experience.
- Defensive Tactics/Combatives.
- Cooper Institute or equivalent fitness certification.
- Maintain certification in First Aid, CPR and AED.
- Complete Department of Energy (DOE) Basic Instructor, and Controller training courses.
- Complete Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) Fitness Coordinator and Law Enforcement Control Tactics (LECT) courses.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite including advanced word processing using Microsoft Word, as well as Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of squad ambushes, squad urban defense, and squad attacks preferred.
- Willingness to work directly with customers in an environment that changes rapidly and requires occasional long hours.
- Maintain a level of physical fitness and agility sufficient to perform requisite physical tasks and functions.
- Ability to travel to locations throughout the CONUS.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Work is normally performed in a gym setting, office, workshop, or classroom setting.
- Work is also performed outdoors on a range or in support of a training exercise. Worker may be exposed to dust, fumes, loud noises and the environment.
- Work involves standing, walking, running and kneeling for sustained periods.
- May involve occasional heavy lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling.
- Ability to meet the requirements for a DOE security clearance and Building Access badge. The candidate’s written consent to conduct a background check for the purposes of obtaining and maintaining a security clearance will be required as a condition of employment.
- A pre-employment test for the absence of any illegal substances will be required. Ongoing reviews and tests for the absence of illegal substances will also be conducted for continued access to client sites. The candidate’s written consent to conduct such tests will be required as a condition of employment.
Desired or Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of DOE sites and types of operation.
- Self-directed, and able to define and achieve goals with little supervision
- Law enforcement or military police background highly preferred.
Constellis protects critical priorities safely and efficiently around the world. Operating globally and based in the Washington D.C. area, our employees bring unparalleled dedication and passion for creating a safer world and upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity. As a leading global provider of risk management, security, humanitarian, training and operational support services to government and commercial customers worldwide, Constellis’ forward thinking solutions include a range of synergistic services, including background investigations, social intelligence tools, advanced training, logistics and life support, UAV and K9 services, and crisis response mitigation. At Constellis, our number one priority is to secure success for our customers. For more information, visit www.constellis.com
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are Monday-Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required.
May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.