THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN KUWAIT. ALL PERSONNEL MUST HAVE A VALID TOURIST PASSPORT TO BE CONSIDERED.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Control personnel and vehicle entry and exit of Entry Control Points
- Inspect all deliveries and vehicles up to Force Protection Condition Delta and in accordance with Kuwait Security Support Services Standard Operations Procedures for installation access
- Control and operate US Government-installed barrier devices to deny unauthorized vehicle access to US Government interests, e.g., installations, off post parking areas, etc.
- Prepared to handle both military and contracted convoys entering and departing designated Entry Control Points
- Conduct inspections of personnel and vehicles using systems such as: Ion Scanners, Backscatter XRay machines, Under-Vehicle-Surveillance Systems, and Mobile Vehicle X-Ray Scanning machines
- Shall be a U.S. citizen
- Shall possess an active U.S. Secret Clearance
- Two years of combined honorable military, law enforcement, or private security experience
- Must have received an honorable discharge as verified by a form DD-214 (U.S. Military)
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Pass a physical examination, meet U.S. Army height and weight operational standards (not initial recruiting standards), and pass a physical fitness test
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENT
- Operate both as a member of a team and independently at incidents of uncertain duration.
- Spend extensive time outside exposed to environmental elements.
- Perform physical demanding work in hot (in excess of 100 degrees Fahrenheit) and
humid (up to 100 percent humidity) atmosphere while wearing duty equipment and PPE,
which may significantly impair body-cooling mechanisms.
- Experience frequent transition from hot to cold and from humid to dry atmospheres.
- Work, including walking, running, standing, pulling, and pushing in wet, icy, or muddy
- Work in areas where sustaining traumatic or thermal injuries are possible
- Must be able to perform the following physical tasks:
- Drag, carry, lift, and/or pull a person (150lbs) to safety.
- Use physical force to detain a subject or prevent unauthorized entry.
- Prolonged standing and/or sustained patrol on foot and in a vehicle.
- Sustained pursuit of suspect on foot.
- Dodging, crawling, climbing, and rapid ascent/descent of stairs.
- Perform all of the above wearing duty equipment, to include ballistic and CBRN personal protective equipment, under adverse environmental conditions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.