Provide Aircraft Rescue Firefighting (ARFF), Emergency Medical (EMS), Hazmat, services to Grant County International Airport and its surrounding areas.
- Respond to any ARFF, EMS, or Hazmat incident on or near the airport.
- Conduct Runway / safety checks of the airfield at random intervals
- Conduct extinguisher checks
- Check and maintain all emergency vehicles and all rescue tools
- Test and inspect fire hose and hydrants
- Maintain the cleanliness of the fire station and its grounds
- Conduct standbys for tenants and charters
- Conduct fuel farm and fuel hauler inspections
- Conduct Tower and other building inspections
- Conduct wildlife dispersal on the airfield
- Inspect and maintain SCBAs
- Provide security protection to the airport by way of random patrols and gate/fence inspections.
- Control ingress/egress into and/or out of airport property at various times.
- Respond to protective alarm signals or other unusual/suspicious activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- The qualified candidate must have a high school diploma or equivalent, clean driving record, valid Driver’s License, and clean criminal history. Candidates with Hazmat, Firefighter, ARFF, and EMS certifications will be considered before all others.
- One (1) year or more experience working at an airport fire department or three (3) years’ experience working in the fire service as a full-time firefighter.
- Must have NIMS 100, 200, 700, and 800.
- Must be certified as an NFPA 1001 Firefighter II (State or IFSAC)
- Must be certified to the NFPA 472, Hazardous Materials-Operations-Level (State or IFSAC)
- Must be certified as an NFPA 1003 Airport Firefighter (State or IFSAC) or completion of an FAA 40-hour approved course with current annual burn.
- Must be certified as Emergency Medical Responder or higher (State or National Registry) or complete within 1 year of hire date.
- Must be certified or able to complete an NFPA 1670, Confined Space-Operations-Level (State or IFSAC) within 1 year of hire date
- Strong teamwork and communication skills. Must be flexible/adaptable to constantly changing environment
- Basic level keyboard and computer skills
- Ability to follow a chain of command
- Ability to use sound judgment in stressful situations and capable of staying alert during period of inactivity
- Certified as EMT (State or National Registry)
- Proficiency in driving ARFF Apparatus and/or Certified as NFPA 1002, Fire Apparatus Driver / Operator ARFF
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching, and bending throughout the workday. Subject to frequent interruptions.
May be required to lift and carry heavy weight. Must be able to perform all tasks of a Firefighter/EMS professional. Must be able to perform tasks while wearing an SCBA and full firefighting PPE. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching, and bending throughout the workday