The Heavy Bus Technician repairs, overhauls and maintains automotive equipment, heavy equipment and vehicles.
- Perform skilled repair and maintenance on a variety of gasoline-powered and diesel equipment and vehicles, such as fire apparatus and vehicles, loaders, cranes, crawlers, dub grinders, bucket trucks, pavers, rollers, sweepers and others
- Replace bearings, axles seats, brake master cylinders, resurface brake drums/rotors, etc.
- Disassemble components, inspect part for wear
- Repair, overhaul, replace and rebuild water and fuel pumps, air conditioning components, compressors, radiators, etc.
- Rewire electrical systems
- Replace, realigns and adjust brakes and suspension components
- Diagnose and repair malfunctions to all systems
- Overhaul gasoline and diesel engines
- Tune and perform repairs to diesel engines
- Repair and maintain hydraulic systems; route and replace lies, and check system for leaks
- Perform routine vehicle equipment preventative maintenance inspections; checking and replacing fluids, check lights and other electrical system components, and replace exhaust system components
- Other duties as assigned
As required by the County Code Title 2 – Administration, Division 4 – Miscellaneous – Chapter 2.212 (COVID-19 Vaccinations of County Contractor Personnel) adopted by the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors, applicants will need to show proof of full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA or that they are exempt from vaccine requirements based on sincerely held religious beliefs or a qualifying medical condition. If selected for employment, employees who are not fully vaccinated will be required to participate in periodic COVID-19 testing.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Vocational/Technical training in automotive and diesel repair with 3-5 years of automotive and heavy equipment repair experience, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- May require possession of a Commercial Driver’s License (A, B or C with specific endorsements may be required)
- May require possession of ASE Master Automotive Technician and/or Master Medium/Heavy Truck Technician Certifications
- Effective oral and written communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time and multiple priorities to completion
- Problem solving skills with an analytical thought process
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Work is typically based in a busy service center/maintenance garage environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Frequent work outside and in inclement weather conditions is required, including heat, cold and humidity. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. Must be willing to wear Personal Protective Equipment as required by established Company Safety Standards. Normal work hours are in two shifts, Monday-Friday 6:00 am to 2:30 pm or Monday-Friday 2:00 pm to 10:30 pm, however some extended or weekend hours may also be required.
May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 75 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.