The Heavy Mechanic will be responsible for repairing, overhauling and maintaining automotive equipment, heavy equipment, and vehicles.
- Perform skilled repair and maintenance on a variety of gasoline-powered and diesel equipment and vehicles, such as fire apparatuses and vehicles, loaders, cranes, crawlers, dub grinders, bucket trucks, pavers, rollers, sweepers, and others
- Replace bearings, axles seats, brake master cylinders, resurfacing brake drums/rotors, etc.
- Disassemble components, inspect parts for wear
- Repair, overhaul, replace, and rebuild water and fuel pumps, air conditioning components, compressors, radiators, etc.
- Rewire electrical systems
- Replace, realign, and adjust brakes and suspension components
- Diagnose and repair malfunctions to all systems
- Overhaul gasoline and diesel engines
- Tune and perform repairs to diesel engines
- Repair and maintain hydraulic systems; route and replace lines, and check systems for leaks
- Perform routine vehicle equipment preventative maintenance inspections; checking and replacing fluids, checking lights and other electrical system components, and replacing exhaust system components
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Vocational/Technical training in automotive and diesel repair with 3-5 years of automotive and heavy equipment repair experience, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Must have a valid US Driver’s License and satisfactory driver record
- May require possession of a Commercial Driver’s License (A, B or C with specific endorsements may be required)
- May require possession of ASE Master Automotive Technician and/or Master Medium/Heavy Truck Technician Certifications
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time and multiple priorities to completion
- Problem solving skills with an analytical thought process
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Work is typically based in a busy service center/maintenance garage environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Frequent work outside and in inclement weather conditions is required, including heat, cold and humidity. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. Must be willing to wear Personal Protective Equipment as required by established Company Safety Standards. Normal work hours are Monday-Friday 7:30 am to 4:00 pm, however some extended or weekend hours may also be required. .
Must be able to lift, lower, carry, push, or move objects up to 75 lbs. Various tasks may require intermittent standing or prolonged sitting, and the ability to walk, reach, kneel, crouch and handle work related supplies and tools.