The Handler is responsible with screening cargo in compliance with TSA rules and regulations. The Handler is required to complete a 4–8 weeks minimum team training course and certification prior to mobilization to the assigned location.
- Participate in CCSP related training to search cargo and identify explosive threats
- Conduct authorized representative duties related to X-Ray, physical search, and explosive trace detection as needed
- Perform Handler duties while commanding a trained explosive working dog
- Handler will be responsible for maintaining training records
- Responsible for maintaining training records, care, and maintenance of assigned certified canine. The assigned canine must be permitted to live inside the employee’s residence. The employee’s residence must be adequate, indoor, and climate-controlled for the canine. The canine living area at the employee’s residence is subject to reoccurring inspections.
- Must maintain all job-related certifications and required security clearances
- Must be willing to operate company vehicle (during on-site training)
- Other duties as assigned
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- One to two years of documented experience handling an explosive detection dog in an operational environment
- Must be able to obtain a Known Traveler Number (KTN) within four to six weeks of employment
- Must be able to obtain a Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) badge within four to six weeks of employment
- Must be able to obtain a Security Threat Assessment (STA) for Airport Badge within four to six weeks of employment
- Must have adequate transportation to transport assigned Canine and Crate (inside the vehicle) to/from assigned work location; transportation must have operational climate control
- Must be able to pass the applicable Contract Testing and Certifications for the program within four to six weeks of employment; candidate must maintain the certification requirements
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clear driving record for the last three years
- Effective oral and written communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time and multiple priorities to completion
- Problem solving skills with an analytical thought process
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Pay Range $25 – $28 per hour
- Training rate is compensated at the rate of $15.00 per hour.
Work conditions can vary from a busy training environment to field work, both subject to frequent interruptions. Frequent work outside and in inclement weather conditions is required, including heat, cold, and humidity. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. Work hours will be dictated by the customers agreed upon schedule. Nights, weekends, and holiday hours will be required, and the work schedule will vary. Travel may also be required.
Must be able to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 90 lbs. Requires standing for long periods of time in all weather conditions. Requires intermittent sitting, walking, running, climbing, squatting, stretching, bending, and kneeling. Requires constant use of hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms.