- Manages shift staffing
- Serves as Shift Lead for preparing approved meals and providing meal service
- Inspects staff prior to meal service to verify compliance with hygiene standards
- Ensures foods are properly handled, cleaned, prepared, and stored during shift
- Reports to the Head Chef
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Associate degree in culinary arts preferred
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to pass background check and fingerprinting.
- 1+ years of experience in a back-of-house management position
- Experience as a chef, in addition to experience as a sous chef or line cook
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to oversee and manage kitchen operations
- Ability to remain productive when pulled in many different directions
Work is based in an office and field work environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Normal work hours are Monday-Sunday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., however extended hours may be required. Evening shift work position work hours can be from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m., as assigned.
Must be able to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 25 lbs (supplies, trash, etc.). Requires frequent lifting, standing, walking, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.