Staff armed security posts and provide security for the personnel and property of, and visitors to, assigned US Government Property.
- Provide for the security and safety of client property and personnel.
- Preserve order and act to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises.
- Respond to routine and emergency situations.
- Standing a post for 8 to 16 hours while wearing duty equipment and personal protective equipment weighing up to 30 pounds (includes a required ballistic vest) while exposed to all weather conditions.
- Properly and effectively wear or use personal protective equipment, including that used to prevent exposure to chemical, biological, or radiological agents.
- Acuity of senses and ability of expression sufficient to allow essential, accurate communication by written, spoken, audible, visible, or other signals.
- Operate both as a member of a team and independently at incidents of uncertain duration.
- Maintain mental alertness, deductive, and inductive reasoning, memory, and reliable judgment, to include operating a motor vehicle — even under emergency conditions.
- Respond appropriately to routine and emergency situations of the job including bending, reaching, dodging, crawling, climbing, rapid ascent of stairs, short to moderate sprints, and self-defense if necessary while wearing protective equipment.
- Ability to endure emergency situations mentally and physically for extended periods of time.
- Complete/Review incident reports and other shift paperwork and forms.
- Oversee inventory, issuance, and turning in of firearms and other duty equipment.
- Supervise up to 15 personnel on shift at time.
- Supervise operations in inclement weather. Supervise response to all incidents to include establishing incident command.
- Verify employee time records.
- Must be proficient in a variety of firearms platforms (.40 caliber pistol and shotgun)
- Must have a good working knowledge of security operations and safety practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with staff, company and the public, to understand and follow standard operating procedures (SOP’s), to perform duties in a professional manner and appearance, to write necessary incident reports, make various log entries, investigate incidents, make independent good judgment decisions within proper policy or procedure.
- Previous supervisory experience and working knowledge of Post Orders, security operations standards and procedures and good understanding of schedules and schedule matrix, shift and payroll operations, 24/7 operations, as well as exceptional people skills, communications skills, diplomacy and tact.
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIRMENTS:
- Must have visual and audio acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment, machines such as fire equipment and apparatuses, firearms and clearing barrels.
- May be subject to outdoor conditions including extreme temperatures and weather
- Subject to high noise levels
- Subject to hazards including a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, often without breaks, and may be required to climb stairs or ladders and walk up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Must meet all physical and psychological standards as required by the contract
- Travel may be required