Constellis was established in 2010 by a group of operators and investors who sought to combine best-in-class brands, assets and people within the complex risk management industry. Today, the leading provider of risk management and operational support services worldwide, Constellis combines the legacy capabilities and experience of ACADEMI, AMK9, Triple Canopy, Olive Group, OMNIPLEX, Centerra, Edinburgh International, Strategic Social and all of their affiliates. From life support, procurement, operations and maintenance to high-threat protection, training, C4I systems integration and crisis response, Constellis helps its clients achieve and sustain success, no matter where they are in the world. Constellis operates in approximately 40 countries with regional offices in Africa, the Americas, Europe and the Middle East. Constellis is headquartered just outside of Washington, D.C. in Herndon, VA
Oversees and manages the operations of up to 30 offices in a designated area. Ensures that all contractual requirements are met in a timely and efficient manner.
- Oversees and manages the operations of up to 30 offices in a designated area. Ensures that all contractual requirements are met in a timely and efficient manner.
- Keep the Program Manager’s Office informed of all potential problems and threatening situations, and provide alternatives for solutions, when possible.
- Creates schedules for officers weekly and monthly. Ensure that all posts are covered while minimizing overtime.
- Inputs officers’ time into Deltek systems. Verifies that recorded times are correct. Reports any discrepancies in a timely manner to ensure that corrections can be made prior to submission deadline.
- Provides direct supervision over officers. Supports and encourages officer’s career goals. Provides direction and mentorship for officers to obtain goals.
- Participate in conducting new hire interviews under the direction of the quality Control Manager and Contract Manager. Maintain confidentiality during and after interviews.
- Understands and upholds the Rules of Personal Conduct and contractual agreements. Ensures that officers follow order of contractual agreements.
- Conduct post and officer inspections ensuring officers have appropriate uniform and equipment, and are following all policies, procedures, and post orders.
- Provide coherent written reports documenting site inspections, disciplinary actions, and incident investigations.
- Demonstrate capability in managing multiple tasks as well as demonstrate capability in delegating tasks to officers when appropriate.
- Ensure each Patrol Officer completes their required patrols.
- Ensure all Security Officers complete the paperwork related to their Posts to include the 139.
- Ensure all Security Officers attendance is documented by utilizing the site specific access control systems.
- Must be available 24/7 including holidays unless otherwise specified or time off was approved.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with a Social Security Card
- Minimum two (2) years of successful experience in field supervision (civilian community law enforcement, military law enforcement/security, or commercial/industrial guard services) of five (5) employees or more
- Possess at least one of the following experience/education criteria:
- Minimum two (2) years armed security experience
- Served minimum two (2) years in the U.S. Armed Services (including reserve or national guard),
- Any combination of two (2) years’ experience in physical security and service with the U.S. Armed Services
- Associates Degree in Security or Law Enforcement related field,
- Successful completion of a police officer’s basic training academy; Knowledge of the General Orders, Special Orders, Do Not Admits and VIPS
- Possess BSIS Exposed Firearm Permit, Guard Card, and Baton Permit
- Possess Tear Gar/Pepper Spray and Red Cross Adult and Pediatric CPR/AED/1st Aid Certifications
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and reporting writing skills
- Training skills to develop personnel, understand and perpetuate succession planning (Mentoring) and demonstrate leadership
- Ability to counsel and discipline in effective manner in both negative and positive situations
- Ability to identify strengths and weaknesses in personnel and communicate corrective solutions
- Ability to maintain professional appearance and demeanor at all times and command presence to convey authority in security situations
- Must have a positive attitude toward work and workers and lead by example
- Ability to read, speak and understand English language fluently
- Ability to make decisions quickly and accurately
- Ability to manage multiple Security Officers on various posts with 24/7 coverage
- Must be available for contact 24/7
- Computer proficient to include in Microsoft Office Suite, (Word, Excel) and E-mail
- Must be able to pass contract required training and obtain all required certifications
- Must be in good standing with the company with excellent record of performance and attendance.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Must meet all medical, physical, psychological and drug test standards as outlined in the contract
- Some travel required. Mileage reimbursed for travel to areas outside of the scope of normal commute standards as dictated in contract’s Statement of Work
- Position requires sitting for long periods of time and continuous computer use
- Must be able to use hands and wrists for typing and computer usage for long periods of time.
- Some activities may involve standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to travel and conduct periodic site visits.
- May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, twisting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.
- Subject to high noise levels
With operations across every major continent and an annual revenue of $1.7 billion dollars, Constellis provides a wide array of opportunities for individuals looking to build successful careers in a fast-paced, growing industry. Legal, moral and ethical business practices remain at the cornerstone of our culture and Constellis continues to be recognized for our emphasis on quality and compliance. This strong track-record of performance is supported by our deep relationships across key government agencies and blue chip commercial customers. With more than 22,000 personnel worldwide, the majority of whom are military or law enforcement veterans, we leverage our employees’ ambition and passion for creating a safer world. Our extensive operational expertise is augmented by our intimate knowledge of economies, communities and cultures. As a result, we share a willingness to support complex operations in some of the world’s most demanding places. For more information, visit www.constellis.com.