The Operations Specialist (OS) Instructor provides instructional services to meet the Coast Guard’s unique needs in support of watch supervisor and operations unit training. The instructor will provide expert skills and knowledge to deliver instruction to USCG students, focusing on ensuring students achieve the necessary skills mandated by the course curricula and course objectives. Instructors are required to evaluate students’ performance by verifying the students understanding of the course material, competency of learned skills, and the student’s ability to demonstrate applied knowledge.
– Proper handling of sensitive and classified material and spaces.
– configuration of voice circuits.
– radio operating procedures.
– Coast Guard mission areas.
– policy and operations of Coast Guard C3 equipment; basic understanding of geo-location coordinates.
– managing and coordinating resources during a search and rescue (SAR) case prosecution.
– specific duties in a Combat Information Center (CIC) environment.
– configuring and operating specific C4I systems.
– tracking and displaying contacts on RADAR systems.
– production and execution of situation reports and communications plans.
– provide accurate shipping and navigation picture.
– policy and operations of Coast Guard C3 equipment.
– understanding of geo-location coordinates.
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Classroom conditions will be comparable to a typical office setting with work hours of 0700-1900 based on the training schedule, with a typical 8-hour workday. Field/Range conditions requires wearing PPE, working outside in weather during all four seasons, with prolonged periods of standing and moving while delivering training.
Must pass a standard physical examination that includes, medical history, height, weight, blood pressure, and meet required fitness standards throughout employment under the contract. Must pass pre-employment drug testing and remain drug free for the duration of the contract. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. of equipment or stock inventory and stand for period of up to 8 hours per day.