Constellis was established in 2010 by a group of operators and investors who sought to combine best-in-class brands, assets and people within the complex risk management industry. Today, the leading provider of risk management and operational support services worldwide, Constellis combines the legacy capabilities and experience of ACADEMI, AMK9, Triple Canopy, Olive Group, OMNIPLEX, Centerra, Edinburgh International, Strategic Social and all of their affiliates. From life support, procurement, operations and maintenance to high-threat protection, training, C4I systems integration and crisis response, Constellis helps its clients achieve and sustain success, no matter where they are in the world. Constellis operates in approximately 40 countries with regional offices in Africa, the Americas, Europe and the Middle East. Constellis is headquartered just outside of Washington, D.C. in Reston, VA.
POSITION: Personnel Security Assistant
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have minimum one (1) year of administrative support/word processing experience.
- Must have knowledge of format, organization, and composition of business letters, reports, spreadsheets and memoranda.
- Must be proficient with applications such as Word, Excel, Access, Internet, and E-mail.
- Must be able to compose routine correspondence and compile reports.
- Must be able to use business software to create media such as: letters, memoranda, charts, graphs, databases, and spreadsheets.
- Must be able to proofread for accuracy, completeness, grammar, and format.
- Must be able to perform mathematical calculations.
- Must be able to follow, apply, interpret, and explain instructions and guidelines.
- Must be able to determine work priorities.
- Must be able to make decisions and take appropriate actions.
- Must be able to meet schedules and deadlines.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to operate standard office equipment.
- Knowledge of Personnel Security Investigations, Standard Forms used for Background Investigative process, e-QIP, JPAS, and PIPs is prefered.
- Validates need for investigation by conducting check of OPM Central Verification System.
- Establishes, reviews and monitors background investigation accounts and information in the OPM Electronic Questionnaires for Investigation Processing (eQIP) system.
- Identifies where reciprocity may be accepted in processing based on client policies.
- Initiates background investigations at the correct tier based on risk/sensitivity level of the position in the OPM Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing (eQIP) system.
- Utilizes excel spreadsheet or other tracking tool to track and monitor applicant progress in e-QIP and Fieldprint submissions on a daily basis. Individuals maintain a work log both for intake and delivery of investigations.
- Meets or exceeds all established deadlines for case processing which may change during the Task order.
- Maintains all case files electronically in the client case management system. All components of the case file are uploaded upon receipt.
- Conducts status checks on background investigations utilizing the automated OPM Personnel Investigations Processing System (PIPS) and internal case management systems.
- Provides advice and assistance regarding personnel security and suitability processing through a dedicated Helpline
- Creates security and/or suitability files for applicants or contractors; organizes records; maintains files; and collates documents in support of the client background investigation process.
- Reviews all required documentation to ensure they are complete and accurate and that the information in all documents and case papers, hard copy or electronic, meet OPM standards for case scheduling.
- Contacts applicants to obtain additional information and documentation when warranted
- Assists in training Federal and new contractor staff.
- Purges and scans all security file material converting from hard copy to electronic copy into a case management system.
With operations across every major continent and an annual revenue of $1.7 billion dollars, Constellis provides a wide array of opportunities for individuals looking to build successful careers in a fast-paced, growing industry. Legal, moral and ethical business practices remain at the cornerstone of our culture and Constellis continues to be recognized for our emphasis on quality and compliance. This strong track-record of performance is supported by our deep relationships across key government agencies and blue chip commercial customers. With more than 21,000 personnel worldwide, the majority of whom are military or law enforcement veterans, we leverage our employees’ ambition and passion for creating a safer world. Our extensive operational expertise is augmented by our intimate knowledge of economies, communities and cultures. As a result, we share a willingness to support complex operations in some of the world’s most demanding places.
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, work-life balance, and tailored career development programs that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach