POSITION: Post Field Section Chief
Location: Candidate must be local to the Herndon, Va. corporate office as the position requires regular office presence.
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE: active, current favorable T5 or T5R SSBI with Secret clearance. Applicant must be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI with polygraph. Clearance cannot be older than 5 years old.
* Reports directly to and is responsible to the Project Manager. Supervises employees in Post Field section in accordance with company policies and applicable law.
* Commands all aspects of the case preparation process, to include direct responsibility for meeting and monitoring production goals, and execution of the operational production plan.
* Generates operational reports to monitor Post-Field operations.
* Responds to inquiries and case preparation issues from Field Investigators and Post-Field section.
* Provides data for weekly and monthly reports and compiles monthly statistics on noteworthy events.
* Responsible for all staffing for project. Will attend all recruiting meetings and coordinate with HR for recruitment and processing of new investigators and staff.
* Will coordinate with Project Training Coordinator for training of new investigators and staff.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience;
* Thorough understanding of and experience with background investigation process and the Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 704 requirements and adjudication process;
* Must have experience with the FIS handbook and policies and procedures;
* Must have thorough knowledge of all aspects of the case preparation process;
* Supervisory or equivalent leadership experience preferred;
* High oral communication skills including the ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels of the employer’s and/or customer’s organization;
* High reasoning skills, including ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in oral, written, diagram, or schedule form.
* High language skills, including ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to present information in an effective manner to senior management.
* Intermediate math skills, including ability to calculate figures and amounts.
* High computer skills and ability to work in a MS Windows based operating environment, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Internet and E-mail.