Are you ready for your next adventure? From down range to corporate positions around the world, we provide you with opportunities to grow your career while helping to make the world more secure.
Constellis provides opportunities across every major continent for individuals who want to build successful careers in a fast-paced, growing industry. Legal, moral and ethical business practices remain at the cornerstone of our culture and Constellis continues to be recognized for our emphasis on quality and compliance. This strong track-record of performance is supported by our deep relationships with our government and commercial customers. Our employees worldwide, the majority of whom are military or law enforcement veterans, have ambition and passion for creating a safer world. Join us to Secure Success!
Project Manager shall provide pricing in response to requests for proposal associated with job order contracts, subsequent negotiations with client and management of multiple work orders at multiple sites to successful closeout. Project Manager will work to ensure critical communication and coordination with Division Manager and Construction Department staff at all times. Project Manager is responsible for handling and maintaining confidential information and company proprietary data in the execution of their work.
*Position will be considered virtual/remote
- Initial job walks to establish existing conditions, client needs and scope of work
- Prepare detailed project scope of work with preliminary approximations of types of materials to be used and quantity
- Review the proposal scope of work, specifications, and drawings with client to ensure they clearly define the project requirements and client expectations
- Prepare detailed Price Catalog Line Item estimates and proposals based on technical specifications, scope of work and drawings or sketches; to include detailed quantity take-offs for each job order and enter line items into Gordian CTC Catalog thru eGordian Software
- Submit proposal package with line item estimate and conduct negotiation with client project manager
- Establish and maintain project start, progress, and completion schedules
- Develop the project work packages for each definable feature of work
- Subcontractor buyout; to include arranging and attending site visits with subcontractors
- Prepare and submit project submittals
- Attend pre-construction, progress and other project meetings
- Manage the delivery order execution in accordance with contract requirements and project management procedures
- Perform required coordination with project architects and engineers
- Responsible for execution of work in the field and manage subcontractors
- Respond in a timely manner to all instructions and inquiries from Program Manager and Deputy Director
- Enforces Risk Management practices at all necessary levels
- Enforce Quality Control Plan and Site Safety, Health and Environmental
- Report progress to Program Manager and Deputy Director
- Attend client meetings to ensure timeliness, open communications and quality of delivery order work
- Manage project close-out; to include obtaining required documentation, pre-final inspections and as-built drawings
- Utilizes knowledge and understanding of building codes; OSHA and other safety standards; refrigeration, electrical, control, and chemical treatment theory; manufacturers cut sheets and installation and operations and maintenance manuals; schematics; and engineering plans and specifications
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Civil, Structural Engineering or Architecture, or related field preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the construction industry
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience in the construction industry
- Must hold a Commercial Contractor’s License in one or more of the following states- CA, OR, AZ, NV, CO, TX, SD, ND, NM, UT, ID, FL and/or WY
- Extensive experience in producing detailed fixed price estimates and has the ability to use a Line Item Price catalog online
- eGordian Software or similar unit price book such as RS Means, utilizing estimating software to produce detailed line item estimates required
- Substantial knowledge of civil, architectural, mechanical, electrical disciplines, and construction management
- Extensive experience in the management and coordination of multiple projects at multiple sites
- Experience in project planning, scheduling, and project estimating
- Proficient with MS Excel, MS Project; experience with Visio a plus
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Constellis protects critical priorities safely and efficiently around the world. Operating in 40 countries and based in the Washington D.C. area, our 22,000 Constellis employees bring unparalleled dedication and passion for creating a safer world and upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity. As a leading global provider of risk management, security, humanitarian, training and operational support services to government and commercial customers worldwide, Constellis’ forward thinking solutions include a range of synergistic services, including background investigations, social intelligence tools, advanced training, logistics and life support, UAV and K9 services, and crisis response mitigation. At Constellis, our number one priority is to secure success for our customers. For more information, visit www.constellis.com
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are Monday-Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Travel to a variety of CONUS locations also required.
May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.