THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN KUWAIT. ALL PERSONNEL MUST HAVE A VALID TOURIST PASSPORT TO BE CONSIDERED.
Directly responsible to the Operations Center Chief at Camp Arifjan. The PSD Shift Leader is considered key personnel
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Leads, directs, and supervises the PSD/ESD
- Shall be a U.S. citizen
- Shall possess an active U.S. Secret Clearance
- Prior experience as officer, warrant officer or senior non-commissioned officer with at least three years of experience at the paygrade of (E7 [NATO Code OR-7] or higher ) or team leader in armed forces, police, or private security company in a contingency area
- Must have received an honorable discharge as verified by a form DD-214 (U.S. Military)
- Must possess experience of not less than ten (10) years total with at least 4 years of Military background with honorable discharge and the remaining can be military, police, and/or PSC
- Four years of honorable service in a Military Occupational Specialty or Armed Force Specialty Codes designated as combat arms, Military Police, or Special Operations Forces.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Pass a physical examination, meet U.S. Army height and weight operational standards (not initial recruiting standards), and pass a physical fitness test
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENT
- Operate both as a member of a team and independently at incidents of uncertain duration.
- Spend extensive time outside exposed to environmental elements.
- Perform physical demanding work in hot (in excess of 100 degrees Fahrenheit) and
humid (up to 100 percent humidity) atmosphere while wearing duty equipment and PPE,
which may significantly impair body-cooling mechanisms.
- Experience frequent transition from hot to cold and from humid to dry atmospheres.
- Work, including walking, running, standing, pulling, and pushing in wet, icy, or muddy
- Work in areas where sustaining traumatic or thermal injuries are possible
- Must be able to perform the following physical tasks:
- Drag, carry, lift, and/or pull a person (150lbs) to safety.
- Use physical force to detain a subject or prevent unauthorized entry.
- Prolonged standing and/or sustained patrol on foot and in a vehicle.
- Sustained pursuit of suspect on foot.
- Dodging, crawling, climbing, and rapid ascent/descent of stairs.
- Perform all of the above wearing duty equipment, to include ballistic and CBRN personal protective equipment, under adverse environmental conditions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.