The PT/EMT performs duties, in both emergency and non-emergency situations, related to fire protection, emergency medical services, rescue services, hazardous materials response, and emergency management delivery at the Lake City Army Ammunition Plant.
- Shift work (24-hours on duty, 48-hours off duty)
- Respond to any Fire, EMS, or Hazmat incident on the plant
- Check and maintain all emergency vehicles and rescue tools
- Test and inspect fire hose and hydrants
- Conduct extinguisher checks
- Maintain the cleanliness of the fire station and its grounds
- Conduct standbys for tenants
- Conduct building inspections
- Inspect and maintain SCBAs
- Respond to protective building alarms or other calls for assistance
- Perform other duties as assigned by the shift Lieutenant or Captain.
- Available to respond back to off duty incidents if called upon
- Must be a US citizen (or have proof of legal authorization to work in the United States)
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have completed high school or have GED equivalent
- IFSAC or ProBoard Firefighter I and II
- IFSAC or ProBoard Hazardous Materials Awareness and Operations
- Missouri EMT-Basic (must be obtain prior to appointment)
- NREMT- Basic
- Basic Life Support Certification
- NIMS ICS 100, 200, 700, 800
- Driver/Operator certification
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Ability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions consisting of extreme heat and cold.
- Must be able to function in extremely difficult circumstances and stressful situations.
- May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 50 lbs
- Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.
- Ability to lift heavy objects or persons in the course of rescue; ability to climb ladders, haul hose while wearing required protective clothing/gear; operate extrication equipment