Performing various day-to-day supervisory responsibilities including but not limited to the following: working alongside DGS scheduler preparing shift schedules, hiring and training replacement security officers, conducting in-depth employee investigations, issuing appropriate discipline, reporting to proper chain of command, developing professional working relationships with contracted clients, providing uniformed security for the personnel and property of contracted clients when necessary, mentor and assist supervisors under your purview.
- Oversees and manages the operations of up to 20 offices in a designated area. Ensures that all contractual requirements are met in a timely and efficient manner.
- Keep the Contract Manager’s Office informed of all potential problems and threatening situations, and provide alternatives for solutions, when possible.
- Collaborates with the scheduler to ensure that all posts are covered, while minimizing overtime.
- Provides direct management of approximately 100 officers. Supports and encourages supervisors and officer’s career goals. Provides direction and mentorship for supervisors and officers to obtain goals.
- Participate in conducting new hire interviews under the direction of the Contract Manager. Maintain confidentiality during and after interviews.
- Understands and upholds the Rules of Personal Conduct and contractual agreements. Ensures that officers follow the order of contractual agreements.
- Conduct post and officer inspections ensuring officers have appropriate uniform and equipment, and are following all policies, procedures, and post orders.
- Provide coherent written reports documenting site inspections, disciplinary actions, and incident investigations.
- Provide written weekly reports for the Contract Manager detailing previous weeks’ contract activities.
- Demonstrate capability in managing multiple tasks as well as demonstrate capability in delegating tasks to supervisors and officers when appropriate.
- Ensure all Security Officers complete the paperwork related to their Posts.
- Must be available 24/7 including holidays unless otherwise specified or time off was approved.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum two (2) years of successful experience in field supervision (civilian community law enforcement, military law enforcement/security, or commercial/industrial guard services) of twenty (20) employees or more.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and reporting writing skills.
- Training skills to develop personnel, understand and perpetuate succession planning (Mentoring) and demonstrate leadership.
- Ability to counsel and discipline in effective manner in both negative and positive situations.
- Ability to identify strengths and weaknesses in personnel and communicate corrective solutions.
- Ability to always maintain professional appearance and demeanor and command presence to convey authority in security situations.
- Must have a positive attitude toward work and workers, lead by example and show enthusiasm and energy.
- Ability to read, speak and understand English language fluently.
- Ability to make decisions quickly and accurately.
- Ability to manage multiple security supervisors and officers on various posts with 24/7 coverage.
- Must be available for contact 24/7.
- Computer proficient to include in Microsoft Office Suite, (Word, Excel) and E-mail;
- Must be in good standing with the company with excellent record of performance and attendance.
- Must have a current Driver’s License, BSIS Guard Cars, and current CPR/First Aid Certification
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Travel to and from sites required. Mileage reimbursed for travel to areas outside of the scope of normal commute standards as dictated in contract’s Statement of Work
May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.