Constellis was established in 2010 by a group of operators and investors who sought to combine best-in-class brands, assets and people within the complex risk management industry. Today, the leading provider of risk management and operational support services worldwide, Constellis combines the legacy capabilities and experience of ACADEMI, AMK9, Triple Canopy, Olive Group, OMNIPLEX, Centerra, Edinburgh International, Strategic Social, and all of their affiliates. From life support, procurement, operations and maintenance to high-threat protection, training, C4I systems integration and crisis response, Constellis helps its clients achieve and sustain success, no matter where they are in the world. Constellis operates in approximately 40 countries with regional offices in Africa, the Americas, Europe and the Middle East. Constellis is headquartered just outside of Washington, D.C. in Herndon, VA.
Staff armed security posts and provide security for the personnel and property of, and visitors to, assigned US Government Property. May also work in a Control Center.
- Regular, in-person attendance is required
- Protect personnel and property in a professional manner
- Meet and deal tactfully and politely with general public and visitors
- Effectively and efficiently screen and process visitors
- Identify, report, delay, or detain persons who violate rules and regulations
- Conduct internal and external roving foot patrols
- Complete all reports and paperwork as required
- Traffic control
- Ability to maintain excellent detection rate on x ray machine
- Detect and respond to alarms and emergencies
- Secure entrances and exits during emergencies
- Control keys and lock combinations
- Communicate and remain accessible via two way radio or company issued cellular phone
- Understand and comply with all requirements defined within company documents to include: Post and General Orders, plans, policies, and procedures
- Observe and report all offenses/incidents
- Provide first aid, CPR, and assist during emergencies as necessary
- Must be able to wear protective body armor as a part of the duty uniform
- Maintain mandated training requirements in accordance with company guidance
- Maintain physical fitness, agility requirements, and weapons qualifications
- Ensure safety requirements compliance and safe work practices
- Support safety programs and participate in Quality and Process Improvement programs
- Perform other duties as assigned
- ARMED experience only
- Must be 21 years or older
- A US citizen with a social security card. NO DUAL CITIZENSHIP.
- 3 years of ARMED security experience within the past five years; [OR]
- An Associate’s Degree in a related field and at least one year of ARMED experience; [OR]
- 3 years of military or National Guard (active duty or reserve) experience; [OR]
- Successful completion of a state certified Police Officer’s Standard Training (POST) course; [OR]
- Any reasonable combination of the above within last 5 years and reasonable combination of experience, school, military, or training (equivalent to 3 years)
- Must possess an armed DCJS firearms permit and guard card
- Must possess a valid, unrestricted automobile driver’s license
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to fluently read, write, and speak English
- Must be capable of passing a background check, medical and psychological evaluation, drug test, and weapons qualification
- Must be willing to attend our (paid) training Academi for 4 weeks Monday-Friday.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Must meet all physical and psychological standards as required by the contract
- May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, often without breaks, climb stairs or ladders, walk up inclines and/or on uneven terrain, sit, squat, stretch, and bend throughout the workday
- Must have visual and audio acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment, such as fire equipment and apparatuses, firearms, and clearing barrels
- May be subject to outdoor conditions including extreme temperatures and weather
- Subject to high noise levels
- Subject to hazards including a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, exposure to high heat, or exposure to chemicals
- May be required to be fitted for, and/or wear, a respirator
- Travel may be required
With operations across every major continent and an annual revenue of $1.7 billion dollars, Constellis provides a wide array of opportunities for individuals looking to build successful careers in a fast-paced, growing industry. Legal, moral, and ethical business practices remain at the cornerstone of our culture, and Constellis continues to be recognized for our emphasis on quality and compliance. This strong track record of performance is supported by our deep relationships across key government agencies and blue chip commercial customers. With more than 22,000 personnel worldwide, the majority of whom are military or law enforcement veterans, we leverage our employees’ ambition and passion for creating a safer world. Our extensive operational expertise is augmented by our intimate knowledge of economies, communities and cultures. As a result, we share a willingness to support complex operations in some of the world’s most demanding places. For more information, visit www.constellis.com.