The Senior Advisor shall provide strategic advisory support to either the Host Nation, U.S. Embassy, Regional, or International Organization personnel, as specified by the Task Order, working in one or more specialized disciplines. Those disciplines will be specified at the Task Order-level, and may include: Civilian-Military Relations Focus, Defense Acquisition Reform Focus, HR and Force Management Focus, Legislative Coordinator Focus, Defense Reform Focus, Cyber Focus, Ministry of defense PAO and Communications Focus, Defense Professionalization Focus, Interagency Coordination Focus, and SOP’s for Joint planning and Operations Focus. The Senior Advisor shall develop strategic and operational guidance and policy documents to improve interagency decision-making processes at both the strategic and operational levels between the Ministry of Defense, law enforcement, the national security apparatus, and civilian agencies regarding interagency aviation security oversight, crisis response, and the operations of national command centers.
*Position Location: Oman
- The Senior Advisor shall assist senior members of the specified Host Nation/Regional or International Organization/U.S. Embassy in accomplishing their objectives related to the specified specialized discipline, with the ultimate objective of ensuring the end user is capable of accomplishing their tasks without external support
- The Senior Advisor shall provide expert-level advice, analysis, and recommended courses of action to the Host Nation/Regional or International Organization/U.S. Embassy personnel
- The Senior Advisor shall provide technical assistance and expert guidance and advise the interagency authority to execute the Country Action Plan and ensure a foundation is set for improved interagency coordination in two or more areas (e.g. crisis response, national command center operations, aviation security oversight) to achieve national objectives
- The Senior Advisor shall address gaps that may exist in a range of national security-related fields, including crisis response, interagency aviation security oversight, and the overall operations of national command centers, including with regard to coordination both within the Omani interagency and on a bilateral basis with international partners
- The Senior Advisor shall provide advisory services to a national level interagency authority such as the National Security Council and National Committee for Civil Defense (NCD) or the Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC) in the area of interagency decision-making processes at both the strategic and operational levels between the Ministry of Defense, law enforcement, the national security apparatus, and civilian agencies with regard to interagency aviation security oversight, crisis response, and the operations of national command centers
- The embedded advisor will continuously assess progress and provide input on additional training needs
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS for one (1) Senior Advisor (Oman) focused on a national level interagency authority such as the Committee for Civil Defense (NCD) or the Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC).
- Six (6) years of experience with Multi-Domain Awareness and Interagency Coordination/Information Sharing
- Four (4) years of experience at or above the level of GS-13, O-4, or private sector equivalent
- Prior demonstrated experience working in national security either as a uniformed service member, government employee, or contractor
- U.S. citizen
- SECRET personnel security clearance issued by the Defense Security Service (DSS)
- Master’s degree in areas such as Defense / National Security Studies, International Relations, Political Science or a similar field AND at least six (6) years of U.S. military and/or U.S. civilian professional experience with multi-domain awareness and border protection
—- OR —-
- A Bachelor’s Degree in areas such as Defense / National Security Studies, International Relations, Political Science and at least ten (10) years of U.S. military and/or U.S. civilian professional experience with multi-domain awareness and border protection, including but not limited to experience as a former officer or government official in the field of Multi Domain Awareness Programs (Programming/Operations/Coordination) Federal Emergency Management Agency or Border Protection Strategy (Planning/Programming)
- Have reached, at a minimum, the rank of O-5 in the military or equivalent in a law enforcement or civilian capacity (i.e., FS-02/GS-14 or industry equivalent)
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience developing multi-domain awareness and border protection strategy, policy, or procedures
- Five (5) years of experience in maritime domain awareness, maritime operations, emergency management operations and intelligence/information management, fusion, and support
- Minimum two (2) years of experience working on either the Joint Staff, another Major Staff within DOD, in the Office of the Secretary of Defense, in the Department of Homeland Security, in the U.S. Coast Guard, in the U.S. Customs and Border Protection, or another equivalent maritime domain and border protection-responsible office in the U.S. government interagency
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience advising or conducting joint planning with senior foreign military, senior foreign civilian law enforcement, or senior foreign government officials. Non-resident or intermittent advisory experience may count toward some or all the required two years of prior experience, if the advising took place in-person with the foreign government representative(s)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance issued by the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA) prior to contract/task order performance
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS for (1) Senior Advisor (Oman) focused on
- Prior demonstrated experience advising foreign military or government at the operational or strategic level
- Prior demonstrated experience with exercises and simulations
- Prior demonstrated experience in interagency crisis response
- Prior demonstrated experience working with a national command center
- Two years prior experience living and working with partners in Middle East countries on security issues
- If a former military service member, rank of O5 or above
- Fluency in Arabic (Modern Standard or Levantine) in professional and technical environments, including speaking, writing, reading, and listening at a level equivalent to a Foreign Service Institute 3/3 or DLPT 2+/2+/2+
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Work outside and in inclement weather conditions may be required. Business work hours are Sunday-Thursday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, however some extended hours may be required.
May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.