The Senior Advisor shall act as the trusted advisor for the Argentine Ministry of Defense. In this role, the Senior Advisor shall provide expert policy guidance and advise the MoD and CCCD to ensure that the CCCD effectively supports the National Cyber Security Strategy. The Senior Advisor shall provide specific assistance on agreed-upon solutions to develop the strategic documents, policy frameworks, and interagency coordination recommendations to implement the cyber reforms and corresponding process, policies, procedures, and systems. Where other barriers to institutional change exist, the Senior Advisor shall work to identify those barriers, and make recommendations to overcome them.
*Position Location: Argentina
- The Senior Advisor shall assist senior members of the specified Host Nation/Regional or International Organization/U.S. Embassy in accomplishing their objectives related to the specified specialized discipline, with the ultimate objective of ensuring the end user is capable of accomplishing their tasks without external support
- The Senior Advisor shall provide expert-level advice, analysis, and recommended courses of action to the Host Nation/Regional or International Organization/U.S. Embassy personnel
- The Senior Advisor shall provide technical assistance and expert guidance and advise the interagency authority to execute the Country Action Plan and ensure a foundation is set for improved interagency coordination in two or more areas (e.g. crisis response, national command center operations, aviation security oversight) to achieve national objectives
- The Senior Advisor shall address gaps that may exist in a range of national security-related fields, including crisis response, interagency aviation security oversight, and the overall operations of national command centers, including with regard to coordination both within the Omani interagency and on a bilateral basis with international partners
- The Senior Advisor shall provide advisory services to a national level interagency authority such as the National Security Council and National Committee for Civil Defense (NCD) or the Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC) in the area of interagency decision-making processes at both the strategic and operational levels between the Ministry of Defense, law enforcement, the national security apparatus, and civilian agencies with regard to interagency aviation security oversight, crisis response, and the operations of national command centers
- The embedded advisor will continuously assess progress and provide input on additional training needs
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS for one (1) Senior Advisor (Argentina) focused on Cyber Defense:
- Master’s degree in Public Administration, Business, International Relations, Computer Science, Information Systems, Cybersecurity, National Security, or a similar field AND at least six (6) years of U.S. military and/or civilian professional experience with cybersecurity.
— OR —
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business, International Relations, Computer Science, Information Systems, Cybersecurity, National Security, or a similar field AND at least ten (10) years of U.S. military and/or civilian professional experience with cybersecurity.
- Have reached, at a minimum, the rank of O-5 in the military, or equivalent in a civilian capacity (i.e., FS-02/GS-14 or industry equivalent).
- Experience working on cybersecurity strategy, policy, or procedures at the military service staff level, joint staff level, or equivalent organizational level.
- Experience working with senior foreign military officials, senior foreign civilian law enforcement officials, or senior foreign government officials.
- Demonstrated understanding of cybersecurity challenges in emerging markets.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance issued by the Defense
- Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA) prior to contract/task order performance.
- U.S. citizen.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (1) Senior Advisor (Argentina) focused on Cyber Defense:
- Proficiency in Spanish (see section on “Foreign Language Requirements” for a definition of foreign language proficiency).
- Two (2) years of experience living and working in Latin America.
- Two (2) years of experience developing and implementing capacity building initiatives in a bilateral and/or multilateral environment.
- Experience that has primarily and recently (i.e. within the past three years) been outside of the U.S. intelligence community.
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Work outside and in inclement weather conditions may be required. Business work hours are Sunday-Thursday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, however some extended hours may be required.
May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.