In an ever-changing and complex world, security concerns are paramount. Enhanced security requires education, training and specialized skills. Constellis provides end-to-end risk management and comprehensive security solutions to safeguard people and infrastructure globally. Our team of strategic problem solvers has a steadfast moral compass and unwavering dedication to creating a safer world. Constellis is committed to the success of our customers and partners.
Responsible for preparation of monthly customer invoices, Accounts Receivable, monthly revenue recognition in accordance with contract terms, and GAAP.
- Invoice customers in a timely and accurate manner. Ensures more complex invoices are in compliance with appropriate contracts, guidelines and regulations. Identifies issues, researches same and remedies as appropriate.
- Identifies additional billable costs and creates appropriate invoices
- Works with customers to refine invoicing process and individual invoices
- Set up billing formats and prepare all invoices, including close-out invoices and rate adjustment invoices
- Identify uncollectible amounts and provide recommendation on allowance for bad debt
- Analyze unbilled receivables monthly and ensure timely resolution of outstanding amounts
- Participate as key contributor in new project kickoff meetings to ensure project setup optimizes accounting software capabilities for project revenue, billing and reporting
- Maintain project data in Project Master File and Billing Master File
- Interface with Business Analysts and Project Managers to coordinate information on projects
- Assist with the preparation of the annual incurred cost submission
- Establish monthly review process for revenue recognition with business analysts
- Establish billing review process to include business analysts
- Document billing system in preparation for audit and be the primary liaison for a Billing Systems audit
- Research and identify possible solutions for policy/procedure issues related to assigned areas
- Associates degree in Accounting or related discipline, experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with at least 3 years in a government contracting environment
- Experience billing State Department contracts
- Comprehensive knowledge of Deltek Costpoint billing module and revenue accounting for a government contractor
- Experience with Microsoft suite, proficiency in Excel is essential
- Must be organized, detail oriented, motivated and able to multitask in a fast paced and dynamic work environment
- Ability to interact and communicate, both oral and written, with individuals across the organization
- Effective oral and written communication skills with all levels of the organization.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time and multiple priorities to completion.
- Problem solving skills with an analytical thought process
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
Constellis protects critical priorities safely and efficiently around the world. Operating globally and based in the Washington D.C. area, our employees bring unparalleled dedication and passion for creating a safer world and upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity. As a leading global provider of risk management, security, humanitarian, training and operational support services to government and commercial customers worldwide, Constellis’ forward thinking solutions include a range of synergistic services, including background investigations, social intelligence tools, advanced training, logistics and life support, UAV and K9 services, and crisis response mitigation. At Constellis, our number one priority is to secure success for our customers. For more information, visit www.constellis.com
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are Monday-Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required.
May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.