In an ever-changing and complex world, security concerns are paramount. Enhanced security requires education, training and specialized skills. Constellis provides end-to-end risk management and comprehensive security solutions to safeguard people and infrastructure globally. Our team of strategic problem solvers has a steadfast moral compass and unwavering dedication to creating a safer world. Constellis is committed to the success of our customers and partners.
Responsible for the development, implementation, and management of the organization’s Risk Management program in line with the company’s values, strategy and performance; administration of global insurance programs across all business units and affiliated companies. The goal is to protect the companies’ assets and mitigate the risk of litigation while providing a high level of customer service to internal business units.
- Manage all aspects of the corporate Risk Management program
- Responsible for claims management process including the administration of all aspects of the company’s current and future Workers Compensation and DBA claims to include, providing support and assistance to injured personnel, monitor claims, retain records, compile data into database, and create weekly and quarterly reports
- Work with and manage broker relationships to ensure company is receiving the best rates, service and coverage
- Administer underwriting data for insurance renewals and audits if applicable
- Advise on and manage insurance coverage issues under the program; Manage and negotiate large liability claims throughout the life of the claim
- Develop procedures on how to report and manage all claims to include communication between internal departments and insurance carriers
- Review and modify all of the company’s current and future contractual insurance and indemnification clauses
- Review costs associated with risk and develop a strategy to improve processes and results
- Ensure insurance certificates are up to date
- Ensure all premiums are paid on time and coded to the appropriate business unit
- Review all insurance policies for accuracy and negotiate changes/corrections through broker or insurance company personnel
- Responsible for supporting applicable PSC.1 requirement and the Security Operations Management System
- Oversee the Enterprise Risk Management Program including creating Risk Management Policy framework and program; risk assessment reports, PowerApps Risk Management Templates, Risk Registries, review and compile all reports for the company Risk Registry
- Works closely with other departments, including Business Development, Contracts and Subcontracts to review Request for Proposal (RFP) documents for insurance requirements and to determine if the company has the required coverages in place
- Oversee the Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) Department
- Oversee and manage investigations for the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Manage and coordinate all efforts related to Medical Evacuations and Casualties
- Provide educational sessions to appropriate areas within the company on timely risk management topics.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required, preferably in Risk Management or Business Administration
- Five years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience as related to finance and insurance industry skills.
- Experience in risk management or commercial insurance with an emphasis on government contracting
- Experience in the placement and claim management for the following lines of coverage:
- Casualty lines
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Defense Base Act Insurance
- Products Liability
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access). Deltek experience preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with all levels of the organization.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time and multiple priorities to completion.
- Problem-solving skills with an analytical thought process.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- May require occasional travel (<10%).
Constellis protects critical priorities safely and efficiently around the world. Operating globally and based in the Washington D.C. area, our employees bring unparalleled dedication and passion for creating a safer world and upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity. As a leading global provider of risk management, security, humanitarian, training and operational support services to government and commercial customers worldwide, Constellis’ forward thinking solutions include a range of synergistic services, including background investigations, social intelligence tools, advanced training, logistics and life support, UAV and K9 services, and crisis response mitigation. At Constellis, our number one priority is to secure success for our customers. For more information, visit www.constellis.com
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are Monday-Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required.
May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.