The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for maintaining the company’s network infrastructure, as well as designing and implementing network infrastructure and resolving advanced support issues. Maintain address allocation, documentation, and diagrams.
- Design and deploy functional networks (LAN, WLAN, WAN and Cloud Infrastructure)
- Maintain and Create Firewall rules as required along with Cleanup
- Monitor network performance and integrity
- Automate tasks and monitor their effectiveness
- Maintain complete technical documentation and standard operating procedures
- Suggest improvements to network performance, capacity, and scalability
- Ability to occasionally travel around the northern Virginia area to datacenters and customer locations as needed.
- Resolve escalated issues by troubleshooting cloud and local infrastructure
- Mentor team members on technical issues
- Possibility of Overseas Travel if required
- Other duties as assigned
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field (Preferred)
- U.S. Citizenship required as need to be able to obtain a clearance, Active TS security clearance (Preferred)
- 5+ years of industry-related experience as a Senior Network Engineer or Network Administrator
- Solid background in network administration and architecture
- Experience in Cloud infrastructure as a service or Cloud Datacenter in Azure, AWS or similar (Preferred)
- Experience with network diagnostic, monitoring, and analysis tools
- Solid understanding of network operating systems
- Professional certification (Preferred)
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are Monday-Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required.
May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.
Constellis and its affiliated companies are equal opportunity employers. All applicants receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state, or local law.