In an ever-changing and complex world, security concerns are paramount. Enhanced security requires education, training and specialized skills. Constellis provides end-to-end risk management and comprehensive security solutions to safeguard people and infrastructure globally. Our team of strategic problem solvers has a steadfast moral compass and unwavering dedication to creating a safer world. Constellis is committed to the success of our customers and partners.
Responsible for all project financial functions to include: budgeting, revenue recognition, project setup, variance analysis, and reporting for government and commercial contracts. The ability to lead and direct others regarding the project control processes and requirements are crucial to this position.
Develop and analyze estimates at completion, monitor actual costs and commitments, prepare program review presentations, and produce financial deliverables as required per contract for both internal and external use. Interface with members of Finance, Program Management, Contracts, Pricing and Procurement. Lead and instruct peers with the knowledge and tools needed to maintain and present accurate program financial information
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Setup new projects in accordance with the contract; participate in new project setup meetings to ensure project setup optimizes accounting software capabilities for project revenue, billing, and reporting utilizing DELTEK Costpoint and COGNOS
- Prepare detailed estimates to complete/estimates at completion for assigned projects; review with project managers and provide to project accounting at least quarterly or more often if significant changes occur
- Review monthly project costs and revenue, record monthly cost accruals, monitor actual cost performance against plans/budgets, prepare variance analysis, reports and presentations timely to project managers; identify areas for improvement
- Review detailed costs to ensure accuracy in recording; prepare correction forms for non-labor adjustments; coordinate with employees for required labor corrections
- Prepare monthly program review presentation and assist project manager as required; present monthly operating results to management
- Monitor backlog and unbilled balances on a monthly basis.
- Monitor contract funding, track commitments, develop funding requirements projections and coordinate with contracts for required notifications on limitations and requests for additional funding as needed
- Identify “at risk” funding and mitigation solutions
- Assist project managers with annual budget preparation, both direct and indirect budgets
- Support development of cost proposals for bids, ROMs and equitable adjustment requests
- Develop budgets for significant cost proposals, establish B&P projects in Costpoint and ensure charge numbers are disseminated to appropriate personnel; review actual costs to budgets and provide summary to proposal managers
- Determine impact on direct projects for over/under applied indirect costs throughout the year to ensure adequate funding and maximization of revenues and profits
- Review invoices to ensure compliance with contract requirements
- Identify uncollectible amounts and provide recommendation on allowance for bad debt
- Maintain project data in Project Master File
- Ensure timely distribution of monthly project reports
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration preferred, or equivalent experience
- Seven years of experience in Accounting, Finance or other related field experience required
- Experience using Deltek Costpoint to include project setup, revenue recognition, and billing setup
- Knowledge of government contract types to include Firm Fixed Price, Time and Materials and Cost Reimbursable
- Experience with large contracts ($100M+ CV/ $30M+ annual rev) that have multiple CLIN and revenue types
- Comprehensive knowledge of the processes and procedures in financial analysis
- Must be organized, detail oriented, motivated and able to multitask in a fast paced and dynamic work environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite, proficiency in Excel is essential
- Ability to interact and communicate, both oral and written, with individuals across the organization
- Self-motivated and results-oriented dedicated individual with a strong work ethic
- Comprehensive understanding of EAC development
- Microsoft Project
Constellis protects critical priorities safely and efficiently around the world. Operating globally and based in the Washington D.C. area, our employees bring unparalleled dedication and passion for creating a safer world and upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity. As a leading global provider of risk management, security, humanitarian, training and operational support services to government and commercial customers worldwide, Constellis’ forward thinking solutions include a range of synergistic services, including background investigations, social intelligence tools, advanced training, logistics and life support, UAV and K9 services, and crisis response mitigation. At Constellis, our number one priority is to secure success for our customers. For more information, visit www.constellis.com
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are Monday-Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required.
May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.