Constellis was established in 2010 by a group of operators and investors who sought to combine best-in-class brands, assets and people within the complex risk management industry. Today, the leading provider of risk management and operational support services worldwide, Constellis combines the legacy capabilities and experience of ACADEMI, Triple Canopy, Olive Group, Centerra, Edinburgh International, Strategic Social and all of their affiliates. From life support, procurement, operations and maintenance to high-threat protection, training, C4I systems integration and crisis response, Constellis helps its clients achieve and sustain success, no matter where they are in the world. Constellis operates in approximately 40 countries with regional offices in Africa, the Americas, Europe and the Middle East. Constellis is headquartered just outside of Washington, D.C. in Reston, VA.
Responsible for all project financial functions to include: budgeting, revenue recognition, project setup, variance analysis, and reporting for government and commercial contracts. The ability to lead and direct others regarding the project control processes and requirements are crucial to this position.
Develop and analyze Estimates at Completion, monitor actual costs and commitments, prepare program review presentations, and produce financial deliverables as required per contract for both internal and external use. Interface with members of Finance, Program Management, Contracts, Pricing, and Procurement. Lead and instruct peers with the knowledge and tools needed to maintain & present accurate program financial information.
- Setup new projects in accordance with the contract; participate in new project setup meetings to ensure project setup optimizes accounting software capabilities for project revenue, billing, and reporting utilizing DELTEK Costpoint and COGNOS.
- Prepare detailed estimates to complete/estimates at completion for assigned projects; review with project managers and provide to project accounting at least quarterly or more often if significant changes occur
- Review monthly project costs and revenue, record monthly cost accruals, monitor actual cost performance against plans/budgets, prepare variance analysis, reports and presentations timely to project managers; identify areas for improvement
- Review detailed costs to ensure accuracy in recording; prepare correction forms for non-labor adjustments; coordinate with employees for required labor corrections
- Prepare monthly program review presentation and assist project manager as required; present monthly operating results to management
- Monitor backlog and unbilled balances on a monthly basis.
- Monitor contract funding, track commitments, develop funding requirements projections and coordinate with contracts for required notifications on limitations and requests for additional funding as needed
- Identify "at risk" funding and mitigation solutions
- Assist project managers with annual budget preparation, both direct and indirect budgets
- Support development of cost proposals for bids, ROMs and equitable adjustment requests
- Develop budgets for significant cost proposals, establish B&P projects in Costpoint and ensure charge numbers are disseminated to appropriate personnel; review actual costs to budgets and provide summary to proposal managers
- Determine impact on direct projects for over/under applied indirect costs throughout the year to ensure adequate funding and maximization of revenues and profits
- Review invoices to ensure compliance with contract requirements.
- Identify uncollectible amounts and provide recommendation on allowance for bad debt
- Maintain project data in Project Master File
- Ensure timely distribution of monthly project reports
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferable in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration.
- 6+ years’ experience in Project Finance and/or Accounting in a government contracting environment.
- Experience using Deltek Costpoint to include project setup, revenue recognition, and billing setup
- Knowledge of government contract types to include Firm Fixed Price, Time and Materials and Cost Reimbursable.
- Experience with large contracts that have multiple CLIN and revenue types.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the processes and procedures in financial analysis
- Must be organized, detail oriented, motivated and able to multitask in a fast paced and dynamic work environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite, proficiency in Excel is essential
- Ability to interact and communicate, both oral and written, with individuals across the organization
- Self-motivated and results-oriented dedicated individual with a strong work ethic
- Comprehensive understanding of EAC development
- Microsoft Project
With operations across every major continent and an annual revenue of $1.5 billion dollars, Constellis provides a wide array of opportunities for individuals looking to build successful careers in a fast-paced, growing industry. Legal, moral and ethical business practices remain at the cornerstone of our culture and Constellis continues to be recognized for our emphasis on quality and compliance. This strong track-record of performance is supported by our deep relationships across key government agencies and blue chip commercial customers. With more than 17,000 personnel worldwide, the majority of whom are military or law enforcement veterans, we leverage our employees’ ambition and passion for creating a safer world. Our extensive operational expertise is augmented by our intimate knowledge of economies, communities and cultures. As a result, we share a willingness to support complex operations in some of the world’s most demanding places.
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, work-life balance, and tailored career development programs that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Coverage Employee Assistance
- Program Performance Reviews & Advancement Opportunities
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm, however, some extended or weekend hours may be required.
May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.
Equal Opportunity Employer