Are you ready for your next adventure? From down range to corporate positions around the world, we provide you with opportunities to grow your career while helping to make the world more secure.
Constellis provides opportunities across every major continent for individuals who want to build successful careers in a fast-paced, growing industry. Legal, moral and ethical business practices remain at the cornerstone of our culture and Constellis continues to be recognized for our emphasis on quality and compliance. This strong track-record of performance is supported by our deep relationships with our government and commercial customers. Our employees worldwide, the majority of whom are military or law enforcement veterans, have ambition and passion for creating a safer world. Join us to Secure Success!
Responsible for all project financial functions to include: cost controls, budgeting, revenue recognition, project setup, variance analysis, and reporting for government and/or commercial contracts. The ability to lead and direct others regarding the project control processes and requirements and the ability to problem solve are crucial to this position.
Develop and analyze estimates at completion, monitor actual costs and commitments, prepare program review presentations, and produce financial deliverables as required per contract for both internal and external use. Interface with members of various functional groups to include, but not limited to, Finance and Accounting, Program Management, Contracts, Human Resources, Pricing and Procurement. Lead and instruct peers with the knowledge and tools needed to maintain and present accurate program financial information.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Setup new projects in accordance with the contract; participate in new project setup collaboration meetings to ensure project setup optimizes accounting software capabilities for project revenue, billing, and reporting utilizing DELTEK Costpoint and COGNOS. Ensure that project setup meets contractual. Financial compliance, and operational reporting requirements,
- Prepare detailed estimates to complete/estimates at completion for assigned projects; review with project managers and provide to project accounting at least quarterly or more often if significant changes occur,
- Review monthly project costs and revenue, record monthly cost accruals, monitor actual cost performance against plans/budgets, prepare variance analysis, reports and presentations timely to project managers and stakeholders; identify areas for improvement,
- Review detailed costs to ensure accuracy in recording; prepare correction forms for non-labor adjustments; coordinate with employees and/or supervisors for required labor corrections,
- Prepare monthly program review presentation and assist project manager as required; present monthly operating results to management,
- Monitor backlog and unbilled balances on a monthly basis,
- Monitor contract funding, track commitments, develop funding requirements projections and coordinate with contracts for required notifications on limitations and requests for additional funding as needed,
- Identify "at risk" funding and mitigation solutions,
- Assist project managers with annual budget preparation
- Support development of cost proposals for bids, ROMs, ECPs, and equitable adjustment requests,
- Determine impact on direct projects for over/under applied indirect costs throughout the year to ensure adequate funding and maximization of revenues and profits,
- Review invoices to ensure compliance with contract requirements,
- Assist with weekly cash forecasting through coordination with Program Management, Billing, and Constellis customers to forecast cash receipts,
- Identify uncollectible amounts and provide recommendation on allowance for bad debt,
- Maintain project data in Project Master File,
- Ensure timely distribution of monthly project reports,
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration preferred, or equivalent experience
- Seven years of experience in Accounting, Finance or other related field experience required
- Experience using Deltek Costpoint to include project setup, revenue recognition, and billing setup
- Knowledge of government contract types to include Firm Fixed Price, Labor Hour, Time and Materials and Cost Reimbursable
- Experience with large contracts that have multiple CLIN and revenue types
- Comprehensive knowledge of the processes and procedures in financial analysis
- Must be organized, detail oriented, motivated and able to multitask in a fast paced and dynamic work environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite; proficiency in Excel is essential
- Ability to interact and communicate, both oral and written, with individuals across the organization
- Self-motivated and results-oriented dedicated individual with a strong work ethic and critical thinking skills
- Comprehensive understanding of EAC development
- Microsoft Project
Constellis protects critical priorities safely and efficiently around the world. Operating in 40 countries and based in the Washington D.C. area, our 22,000 Constellis employees bring unparalleled dedication and passion for creating a safer world and upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity. As a leading global provider of risk management, security, humanitarian, training and operational support services to government and commercial customers worldwide, Constellis’ forward thinking solutions include a range of synergistic services, including background investigations, social intelligence tools, advanced training, logistics and life support, UAV and K9 services, and crisis response mitigation. At Constellis, our number one priority is to secure success for our customers. For more information, visit www.constellis.com
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are Monday-Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required.
May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.