In an ever-changing and complex world, security concerns are paramount. Enhanced security requires education, training and specialized skills. Constellis provides end-to-end risk management and comprehensive security solutions to safeguard people and infrastructure globally. Our team of strategic problem solvers has a steadfast moral compass and unwavering dedication to creating a safer world. Constellis is committed to the success of our customers and partners.
Constellis is looking for a Senior Proposal Manager to service in a leadership role and manages the proposal development process for producing compelling, compliant, and winning proposals. The Senior Proposal Manager has full accountability for all proposal activities during the proposal life cycle. The Senior Proposal Manager works closely with business development, operational teams, SMEs, and functional areas to develop and deliver winning, high-quality proposals for the company’s key strategic bid initiatives across all company lines of business. There is the option to work remote only going into the Herndon office as needed.
- Manage the full life cycle of the proposal response process from analysis of RFPs to final production and submission of proposals
- Independently lead the coordination and preparation of proposals including scheduling; conduct kick-off meetings, storyboarding and win strategy sessions, and review meetings
- Must be able to direct work of other team members, consultants, SMEs, and others while ensuring compliance and on-time delivery of responses
- Translate capture strategy, win-themes, customer hot buttons, discriminator/differentiators, and ghosting techniques throughout the proposal and coordinate review sessions
- Drive proposal content from contributors, writers, SMEs and reviewers to the proposal outline and schedule and assure that the proposal is compliant, compelling and persuasive in accordance with the solicitation requirements
- Assist in proposal writing and content development where needed
- Ensure compliance with company’s proposal processes, templates, checklists, standard write-ups, tools, best practices, and proposal repository procedures
- Manage all proposal activities to include planning, conducting, and facilitating kickoff meetings, storyboarding, standup meetings, reviews, and final approval submission
- Shred RFPs, create proposal outlines and compliance matrices, and develop annotated writing templates for writers and SME developing quality content
- Maintain clear and effective communications, setting expectations, assigning roles and responsibilities to all team members and establish priorities to meet proposal deadlines
- Assume direct ownership of the proposal for entire proposal lifecycle, including post-submission support up to contract award
- Maintain a close relationships with Capture Managers and actively participate in capture management activities during the pre-solicitation phase
- Serve as member of review teams and act as overall team review lead
- Define, document, implement, and support continual proposal process improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in related field from accredited college or university or equivalent experience Extensive experience responding to large ($75M+) U.S. Government solicitations
- Must have 5+ years of federal proposal management experience directly producing winning proposals
- Ability to obtain a SECRET level clearance or higher
- Strong knowledge of MS Office suite, Adobe Professional, and SharePoint with preferred experience with MS-Project and MS-Visio
- APMP certification is desired
- Must possess the knowledge and understanding of industry proposal best practices in federal government contracting
- Ability to research, interpret, and analyze precedent decisions, laws, and regulations according to, but not limited to, the FAR, DFAR, DOSAR, and various schedules as they apply
- Proven executive level presentation skills, both internal and external to the company
- Superior organizational skills, with special attention to detail, and time management skills are essential.
- The ability to work in a team environment and display professionalism is essential.
- Ability to lead diverse teams and leading multiple proposal efforts
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and strong interpersonal skills
Constellis protects critical priorities safely and efficiently around the world. Operating globally and based in the Washington D.C. area, our employees bring unparalleled dedication and passion for creating a safer world and upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity. As a leading global provider of risk management, security, humanitarian, training and operational support services to government and commercial customers worldwide, Constellis’ forward thinking solutions include a range of synergistic services, including background investigations, social intelligence tools, advanced training, logistics and life support, UAV and K9 services, and crisis response mitigation. At Constellis, our number one priority is to secure success for our customers. For more information, visit www.constellis.com
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are Monday-Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required.
May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.