Constellis was established in 2010 by a group of operators and investors who sought to combine best-in-class brands, assets and people within the complex risk management industry. Today, the leading provider of risk management and operational support services worldwide, Constellis combines the legacy capabilities and experience of ACADEMI, AMK9, Triple Canopy, Olive Group, OMNIPLEX, Centerra, Edinburgh International, Strategic Social and all of their affiliates. From life support, procurement, operations and maintenance to high-threat protection, training, C4I systems integration and crisis response, Constellis helps its clients achieve and sustain success, no matter where they are in the world. Constellis operates in approximately 40 countries with regional offices in Africa, the Americas, Europe and the Middle East. Constellis is headquartered just outside of Washington, D.C. in Herndon, VA
Staff armed security posts and provide security for the personnel and property of, and visitors to, assigned US Government Property. May also work in a Control Center.
- Provide security for various federal buildings within the contract limits by conducting perimeter security, internal security, monitoring screens, etc.
- Protect personnel and property in a professional manner
- Meet and deal tactfully and politely with general public and visitors
- Effectively and efficiently screen and process visitors
- Identify, report, delay or detain persons who violate rules and regulations
- Conduct internal and external roving foot patrols
- Traffic control as necessary
- Ability to maintain excellent detection rate on x ray machine
- Detect and respond to alarms and emergencies
- Secure entrances and exits during emergencies
- Control keys and lock combinations
- Communicate and remain accessible via two-way radio or company issued cellular phone
- Understand and comply with all requirements defined within company documents to include: Post and General Orders, plans, policies, procedures.
- Observe and report all offenses/incidents
- Complete all reports and paperwork as required
- Provide first aid, CPR, and assist during emergencies as necessary.
- Must be able to wear protective body armor as a part of the duty uniform.
- Maintain mandated training requirements in accordance with company guidance.
- Maintain physical fitness, agility requirements, and weapons qualifications.
- Ensure safety requirements compliance and safe work practices.
- Support safety programs Participate in Quality and Process Improvement programs.
- Ability to acquire, and maintain, a security clearance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Regular, in-person attendance is required.
- Must have a current active Top Secret Clearance.
- Possess at least one of the following experience/education criteria:
- (1) Minimum of three years armed guard experience within past five years
- (2) Three years of military or National Guard
- (3) Successful completion of a state certified law enforcement education and training or police officer’s standard training course.
- Must possess a minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent from a U.S. Accredited School. Foreign education must be evaluated to meet U.S. education requirements.
- Must be a US Citizen with social security card
- Current CA Driver’s License
- BSIS Exposed Firearm Permit with .40 Caliber or must be able to provide proof of active firearm permit and qualification to add .40 caliber to permit prior to an interview.
- BSIS Guard Card
- BSIS Baton Permit
- Red Cross or American Heart Association Adult and Pediatric CPR/AED/1st Aid Certification. Certification cannot be online only. Must be Red Cross or American Heart Association. Other training center certifications will not be accepted.
- OC Spray or Pepper Spray Certification or Permit
- Must meet all medical, physical, drug test standards as outlined in the contract
- Must be able to pass psychological assessment
- Meet background screening and U.S. Government suitability requirements.
- Successful completion of Protective Security Officer Training and certification.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Must meet all medical, physical, psychological and drug test standards as outlined in the contract
- Some travel required. Mileage reimbursed for travel to areas outside of the scope of normal commute standards as dictated in contract’s Statement of Work
- May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.
- May be subject to outdoor conditions including extreme temperatures and weather
- Subject to high noise levels
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, often without breaks, and may be required to climb stairs or ladders and walk up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Travel may be required
With operations across every major continent and an annual revenue of $1.7 billion dollars, Constellis provides a wide array of opportunities for individuals looking to build successful careers in a fast-paced, growing industry. Legal, moral and ethical business practices remain at the cornerstone of our culture and Constellis continues to be recognized for our emphasis on quality and compliance. This strong track-record of performance is supported by our deep relationships across key government agencies and blue chip commercial customers. With more than 22,000 personnel worldwide, the majority of whom are military or law enforcement veterans, we leverage our employees’ ambition and passion for creating a safer world. Our extensive operational expertise is augmented by our intimate knowledge of economies, communities and cultures. As a result, we share a willingness to support complex operations in some of the world’s most demanding places. For more information, visit www.constellis.com.