The Training Coordinator is responsible for communicating with current and prospective customers to identify training needs, match needs with resources and schedules available, and manage the post-sale process to ensure customer satisfaction and total process adherence. Customers include military (U.S. and non-U.S.), law enforcement, commercial groups, private individuals, and others. The Training Coordinator will coordinate the entire process that includes providing information to prospects, including pricing and availability and assuring that lodging, dining and facilities needs are met.
- Schedule training by using the POLARIS scheduling system to ensure efficient and productive use of system
- Work with clients regarding training needs, to align needs with training center schedules, capabilities, instructor capabilities, etc.
- Capture customer’s requirements and develops training solutions to meet those requirements, by communicating and consulting with customers and prospects on topics such as weaponry, ranges and sites needed, instructors’ availability, trainees’ eligibility, assembling and transmitting information packets that include costs and training options, etc.
- Consult with potential prospects to describe training resources, products and pricing, in an effort to maximize customers’ training experience and fulfill customer needs
- Coordinate with departments outside of the Training (such as Pricing, Contracts, etc.) to support conformity to each customer’s training requirements, to confirm pricing through existing contracts where applicable, and to coordinate the billing process
- Handle special scheduling needs, such as requests for specific ranges or instructors, and to suggest alternatives
- Manage post-sale communication, to check for enrollment changes, adds, deletes etc., in an effort to coordinate instructor needs and ratios, and to ensure trainee eligibility
- May train schedulers to use systems, gain familiarity with ISC processes, etc.
- May participate in sales roles at trade shows, conferences, and other venues
- Performs all functions in a highly regulated environment in compliance with government regulations and internal company policies
- Additional duties and responsibilities include greeting visitors and receiving phone calls, ad hoc office management tasks, maintain calendars for appointments, sort mail, make copies, and expense reporting actions
- Other duties as assigned
- Three or more years of sales, marketing and customer service experience, typically acquired in U.S. military or law enforcement communities.
- Must have knowledge of firearms and training
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office required
- Expert knowledge of applicable government regulations and internal company policies, in a highly regulated environment
- Effective oral and written communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time and multiple priorities to completion
- Problem solving skills with an analytical thought process
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are Monday-Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required.
May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching, and bending throughout the workday.