Constellis was established in 2010 by a group of operators and investors who sought to combine best-in-class brands, assets and people within the complex risk management industry. Today, the leading provider of risk management and operational support services worldwide, Constellis combines the legacy capabilities and experience of ACADEMI, AMK9, Triple Canopy, Olive Group, OMNIPLEX, Centerra, Edinburgh International, Strategic Social and all of their affiliates. From life support, procurement, operations and maintenance to high-threat protection, training, C4I systems integration and crisis response, Constellis helps its clients achieve and sustain success, no matter where they are in the world. Constellis operates in approximately 40 countries with regional offices in Africa, the Americas, Europe and the Middle East. Constellis is headquartered just outside of Washington, D.C. in Herndon, VA.
Provides quality firearms and tactics instruction to Triple Canopy customers.
- Provides instruction for Firearms and Tactics courses utilizing prescribed curriculum.
- Updates course curriculum as directed by Sr. F & T Instructor and/or management staff.
- Lead Instructs/Assistant Instructor for all Core Curriculum Courses.
- Lead Instructor/Assistant Instructor for all Contracted Courses.
- Teaches customized training courses.
- Conducts mobile training.
- Explains and demonstrates use of apparatus and equipment.
- Evaluates the abilities of individual participants to determine suitable corrective or remedial training.
- Maintains overall safety and organization of the training environment.
- Ensures safety of students. Communicates and oversees compliance with company policy, procedures, and safety guidelines.
- Ensures accountability for all training equipment.
- Identifies in a timely manner training requirements needed to maintain required certifications and company standards, and completes all required continuing education and refresher training programs.
- Completes any additional training and/or certifications required by the government or the contract.
- Other duties as assigned.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Eight years of practical experience in Law Enforcement and/or Military Special Operations required.
- Completion of US Military/Law Enforcement (DCJS or POST) Course or equivalent years of experience in tactical instruction techniques required. Must pass background investigation, physical, drug, and psychological screening, and have no legal disqualifiers to possess firearms.
- Computer literate with basic proficiency in MS Office required.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with all levels of the organization.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time and multiple priorities to completion.
- Problem solving skills with an analytical thought process.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Heavy work: Exerting up to 200 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Must have visual and audio acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment, machines such as fire equipment and apparatuses, firearms and clearing barrels.
- May be subject to outdoor conditions including extreme temperatures and weather
- Subject to high noise levels
- Subject to hazards including a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals
- May be required to be fitted for and/or wear a respirator
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, often without breaks, and may be required to climb stairs or ladders and walk up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Must meet all physical and psychological standards as required by the contract
- Travel may be required
With operations across every major continent and an annual revenue of $1.7 billion dollars, Constellis provides a wide array of opportunities for individuals looking to build successful careers in a fast-paced, growing industry. Legal, moral and ethical business practices remain at the cornerstone of our culture and Constellis continues to be recognized for our emphasis on quality and compliance. This strong track-record of performance is supported by our deep relationships across key government agencies and blue chip commercial customers. With more than 22,000 personnel worldwide, the majority of whom are military or law enforcement veterans, we leverage our employees’ ambition and passion for creating a safer world. Our extensive operational expertise is augmented by our intimate knowledge of economies, communities and cultures. As a result, we share a willingness to support complex operations in some of the world’s most demanding places. For more information, visit www.constellis.com.