Training Specialist — Background Investigation
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE: Applicants applying should currently hold, at a minimum, an active Secret clearance based on a Tier 3 Investigation. Must be eligible for immediate crossover to a U.S. Government Top Secret clearance.
Investigations: Must have thorough knowledge of background investigation process and personnel security management as well knowledge of the Federal Investigative Standards (FIS).
Training: Must have experience planning, organizing and facilitating training programs and well as knowledge of instructional design and training software (e.g., Articulate, Captivate, Camtasia)
* Oversee Program Management Office (PMO) and Investigator training programs.
* Work closely with project and field teams to support training for operational staff.
* Provide expert knowledge concerning the formulation of curricula for Investigation Service Group training programs. Organize activities such as presentations, job simulations, and role-playing exercises.
* Coordinate and conduct need assessments to identify need and opportunity areas across multiple contracts and lines of business.
* Collaborate with Customer POCs, program SMEs, and business stakeholders to create and develop content for training courses, curriculum, and resources.
* Develop curricula objectives tailored to specific client requirements while ensuring content matches established Program objectives, compliance, and standards. Evaluate effectiveness of training materials to determine if intended outcomes were achieved.
* Develop or assist in the development and validation of tests for measuring proficiency of students.
* Measure end results of training programs against objectives.
* Provide technical assistance on compliance with client training requirements.
* Recommends new curricula, revision or termination of existing curricula, changes in instructional methodology and the use of new audio-visual equipment.
* Serve as a Learning Management System (LMS) Administrator.
* Create and develop training materials for use with in-person classroom and online trainings.
* Collaborate with Program Office and Field Operations personnel to create, develop and refine job aids and resources for both new and experienced personnel.
* Administer and maintain documents, guides, and resources used for training programs and housed in document libraries.
* Provide Training Manager and/or respective Project Manager/Field Manager with feedback regarding students/learners.
* Facilitate and provide support for remediation training for PMO and Investigator positions. Writes scripts for video and audio content.
* Ensure project compliance with ISO standards.
* Facilitate Basic Investigator, PMO, and Contract Specific Training Courses.
* Conduct annual field and PMO refresher trainings.
* Keeps current on best practices in instructional design and classroom facilitation.
* Willing to travel up to 25-50% of the time.
* Other duties as assigned.
* U.S. Citizen.
* At least 18 years of age.
* Bachelor’s Degree from four-year College or university; experience in background investigations and knowledge of the background investigation process or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Experience creating interactive computer-based training modules using Instructional Design software tools (preferred software includes: Articulate Storyline, Camtasia, Snagit).
* Preferred general experience managing and administering a Learning Management System (LMS) to include defining user roles, creating courses, running reports, and troubleshooting issues.
* High reasoning skills, including ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in oral, written, diagram, or schedule form.
* Strong communication skills (both written and oral), including ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, customer guidance/manuals, investigator handbook, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to present information in an effective manner to senior management.
* High computer skills and ability to work in a MS Windows based operating environment, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Internet, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, and E-mail.
* Ability to interact and collaborate with colleagues with diverse backgrounds and experience.