- Provide security protection and access control.
- Provide security protection for all government property, classified material and personnel within assigned areas of responsibility to preclude unauthorized access, theft, or intentional destruction.
- Report/respond to unusual or emergency situations.
- Be alert for potential security, property or safety concerns and initiate the appropriate actions.
- Control ingress/egress into and/or out of posted/controlled/security areas.
- Prevent/report all violations of security and safety rules and regulations.
- Respond to protective alarm signals or other unusual/suspicious activities.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all security and guard orders, written and oral, pertaining to the assigned duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School education or GED equivalent.
- Background investigation and pre-employment drug screening is conducted.
- Minimum of 6 months prior security experience or equivalent workforce experience.
- Ability to handle office related material such as, computer equipment, printout paper, notebooks, ledgers, badge printer.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills. Must be flexible/adaptable to constantly changing environment.
- Ability to make verbal and written presentations related to site procedures and post orders.
- Intermediate to advanced level keyboard and computer skills.
- Ability to coordinate multiple assignments, actions and direct others to locations and tasks.
- Ability to use sound judgment in stressful situations and capable of staying alert during period of inactivity.
VA/DCJS Lic. #11-1298, #11-4698, #11-3917