The Senior Advisor shall advise the Albanian Chief of Defense and Minister of Defense, and relevant MoD officials and working groups. Advisor will develop a joint project implementation plan and coordinate their activities across the respective offices of the MoD. All efforts will be synchronized through the U.S. Embassy Office of Defense Cooperation (ODC). The Senior Advisor shall ensure their advising efforts are nested within existing GOA strategies, and complement the Embassy’s Integrated Country Strategy, U.S. National Defense Strategy, and ongoing USG security assistance. The advisor’s strategy and policy advisement shall ensure that the MoD can conduct long-term planning and they shall assist in the MoD’s development of multi-year procurement plans.
REQUIRED Qualifications for one (1) Senior Advisor in Albania
- U.S. citizen.
- Master’s degree in National Security Policy/Affairs, International Affairs, Security Studies, Political Science, or a similar field AND at least six (6) years of U.S. military and/or U.S. civilian professional experience with senior defense/security policy and strategy development.
– OR –
- Bachelor’s degree in National Security Policy/Affairs, International Affairs, Security Studies, Political Science, or a similar field AND at least ten (10) years of U.S. military and/or U.S. civilian professional experience with senior defense/security policy and strategy development.
- Have reached, at a minimum, the rank of O-6 in the military or equivalent in a civilian capacity (i.e., FS-01/GS-15 or industry equivalent).
- Two (2) or more years of experience in strategic-level defense/security policy and planning.
- Three (3) or more years of experience working with senior officials in a foreign government and/or foreign military. Non-resident or intermittent travel experience may count toward some or all of the required years, if the advising took place in-person with the foreign government representative(s).
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance issued by the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA) prior to contract/task order performance.
PREFERRED Qualifications for (1) Senior Advisor Albania
- Demonstrated experience in assisting partner nations with drafting and implementing national-level defense/security strategies and relevant policy making procedures and assisting with national security frameworks.
- Experience advising senior foreign military or senior foreign government officials. Non-resident or intermittent advisory experience may count, if the advising took place in-person with the foreign government representative(s).
- Experience conducting baseline assessments, analyzing gaps, and identifying tailored solutions.
- Experience in or experience that demonstrates competence in supporting security sectors to be effective, accountable, transparent, and/or inclusive.
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Work outside and in inclement weather conditions may be required. Business work hours are Monday-Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, however some extended hours may be required.
May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.