Constellis was established in 2010 by a group of operators and investors who sought to combine best-in-class brands, assets and people within the complex risk management industry. Today, the leading provider of risk management and operational support services worldwide, Constellis combines the legacy capabilities and experience of ACADEMI, AMK9, Triple Canopy, Olive Group, OMNIPLEX, Centerra, Edinburgh International, Strategic Social and all of their affiliates. From life support, procurement, operations and maintenance to high-threat protection, training, C4I systems integration and crisis response, Constellis helps its clients achieve and sustain success, no matter where they are in the world. Constellis operates in approximately 40 countries with regional offices in Africa, the Americas, Europe and the Middle East. Constellis is headquartered just outside of Washington, D.C. in Reston, VA.
Centerra is looking for Firefighter in Marietta, GA
Full-time and Part-time
Under general supervision perform the duties of firefighter consistent with the policies and practices established by the Department of Defense, the United States Air Force, and the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), NAS 3306 and Prime Contractor for the performance under the FEMS III Contract.
The firefighter works under the General Guidance and Direction of the Assistant Chief Operations with following duties;
- Assigned to the Department’s Operations Division; Firefighters are assigned to an Engine Company, Rescue Squad and/or Aircraft Rescue Firefighting (ARFF) vehicle.
- Responds to but not limited to the following: fire incidents, emergency medical incidents, fire alarms, hazardous materials, rescue operations including various types of rescue incidents such as high angle, confined space, trench, vehicle extrication, and building collapse.
- Follow Centerra Group and FEMS III SOPs/SOGs.
- Inspect vehicles, equipment, and consumables for which they are assigned each duty shift.
- Meet all requirements for the position of Firefighter, participate in all assigned training and associated duties as a member of the Department’s Operations Division including any/all fire ground assignments.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Firefighter I & II
- ARFF Firefighter
- Obtain and maintain DOD Secret security clearance.
- Possess a valid Georgia State driver’s license.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Successfully complete annual medical physical
- Pass initial and random drug testing
- Annually pass Combat Task Test (CTT)
The duties of this position require the incumbent to work under adverse environmental conditions. Hazards encountered by firefighters include the potential for burns, dehydration and other effects of heat, smoke inhalation, heavy protective clothing, falling materials, or explosions; exposure to toxic materials; physical injury and sensory damage from firefighting activities and noise levels; dealing with victims of fire in varying states of fright, panic, and injury; and operating or riding on fire trucks at high speeds under adverse conditions.
No Travel Required
Rigorous, heavy physical effort is required in the frequent handling of objects such as cylinders and extinguishers weighing 45 lbs or more; may be required to lift/carry personnel such as an adult male in emergency situations. Duties require full use of both arms, both legs and fingers to bend, turn, pull, crawl, kneel, and climb for such tasks as use of aerial ladders, firefighting equipment controls, arranging/connecting hoses, rappelling, operation of fire truck and all types of rescue operations, etc.
With operations across every major continent and an annual revenue of $1.7 billion dollars, Constellis provides a wide array of opportunities for individuals looking to build successful careers in a fast-paced, growing industry. Legal, moral and ethical business practices remain at the cornerstone of our culture and Constellis continues to be recognized for our emphasis on quality and compliance. This strong track-record of performance is supported by our deep relationships across key government agencies and blue chip commercial customers. With more than 21,000 personnel worldwide, the majority of whom are military or law enforcement veterans, we leverage our employees’ ambition and passion for creating a safer world. Our extensive operational expertise is augmented by our intimate knowledge of economies, communities and cultures. As a result, we share a willingness to support complex operations in some of the world’s most demanding places.