Are you ready for your next adventure? From down range to corporate positions around the world, we provide you with opportunities to grow your career while helping to make the world more secure. Constellis provides opportunities across every major continent for individuals who want to build successful careers in a fast-paced, growing industry. Legal, moral and ethical business practices remain at the cornerstone of our culture and Constellis continues to be recognized for our emphasis on quality and compliance. This strong track-record of performance is supported by our deep relationships with our government and commercial customers. Our employees worldwide, the majority of whom are military or law enforcement veterans, have ambition and passion for creating a safer world. Join us to Secure Success!
The Explosive Detection Dog Handler will utilize operant and classical training techniques in detection of explosives and utilize approved training methods for obedience training, and other materials as necessary. The EDD Handler will be able to adjust to new and various environments.
Conduct searches at Entry Control Points (ECP’s), large vehicle search areas, Vehicle Control Points (VCPs), vehicle soak yards, personal baggage screening areas, buildings and any other required areas as assigned.
*Position will be located in Iraq
- Will work with Patrol Explosive Detector Dogs (PEDD)
- Conducts searches of vehicles, cargo, buildings, luggage and any other required areas with assigned K-9
- Properly exercise, employ, feed, care for, clean and maintain assigned K-9
- Responsible for the cleaning and maintenance of K-9 kennel
- Participate in mandatory K-9 proficiency training
- Perform daily maintenance training and maintain current training records for assigned K-9
- Maintain all assigned K-9 related equipment
- Work directly with the Kennel Master on site
- Adhere to all contract regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with valid Passport
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years of experience as a K-9 Handler
- Must have completed a certified EDD training course
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Must be able to pass medical physical for deployment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Outlook and Word
- Effective oral and written communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time and multiple priorities to completion
- Problem solving skills with an analytical thought process
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
Constellis protects critical priorities safely and efficiently around the world. Operating in 40 countries and based in the Washington D.C. area, our 22,000 Constellis employees bring unparalleled dedication and passion for creating a safer world and upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity. As a leading global provider of risk management, security, humanitarian, training and operational support services to government and commercial customers worldwide, Constellis’ forward thinking solutions include a range of synergistic services, including background investigations, social intelligence tools, advanced training, logistics and life support, UAV and K9 services, and crisis response mitigation. At Constellis, our number one priority is to secure success for our customers. For more information, visit www.constellis.com
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Work conditions can vary from a busy office environment to field work, both subject to frequent interruptions. Travel to austere environments may also be required. Additional specific details related to working conditions may be outlined in your Statement of Work or Employee Agreement.
Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday. Requires constant use of hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. Additional specific details related to physical requirements may be outlined in the Company’s Performance Work Statement or Contract with the client.